Chapter 7

(Edited)

(Edited)

Adonis left to take a shower, a couple of minutes ago. Mama and I were having the time of our lives. We joked around about the funny things that Sage did when she was little: like bark like a dog, lick her soup out of the bowl like a dog, and crawl around with her butt sticking out in the air- her legs were too long for her to crawl properly at the time, but it was still funny. We laughed, about how she refused to eat chicken nuggets after she watched the movie Nemo because the sharks said that 'fish are friends, not food,' and she thought that chicken nuggets were made out of fish.

Now that Adonis is gone, the tension that was on my mother's shoulders left as well. I look up at my beautiful mom and raise my eyebrows. She ignores the look I gave her and I smile, I just missed her so much. My eyes start to water, and I give her a big bear hug.

"I have so much to tell you," I whisper in her ear.

"Mama, I'm so happy here. Adonis has been so kind and gentle towards me, I love him."

Mama looks at me, the look in her eyes hardening, the soft and loving atmosphere in the air is gone and is replaced with an unbearable tension. I've never seen so much fury in my mom's eyes.

"What did you just say?"

"I love him. He told me, Mama, about how Dad betrayed the pack. Even though I fought with Adonis, even though I still miss Dad, and even though I love my father, I know they both were in the wrong. Dad should've known better than to betray Adonis and Adonis shouldn't have killed, Dad. It was so easy to fall in love with him, Mama, please don't hate me. I'm still mourning, Dad, and I can't lose you too."

I sob loudly, and my mom hugs me tightly to her. Her fingers run circular patterns on my back, and I cry even more. She used to rub my back like that whenever I was sad or scared. Whenever a boy broke my heart, she would give me a big jug of double chocolate ice cream, and she would rub my back while we watched an episode of The Gilmore Girls, to try and lift my spirits. She also used to rub my back like that, when I was little and I woke up- after having a bad dream, and she would rub my back and sing me back to sleep. I cry more, I missed her soft and motherly touch, it always used to make me feel better.

"It's okay, I don't hate you. Shh, shh, shh." She says quietly, and I sigh.

"Thank you, Mama."

Thundering footsteps hurry down the staircase, and I gasp when I notice Adonis. He's standing in the living room, dripping wet, and wearing nothing but a white scruffy towel that hangs loose on his waist. My eyes wander down to his muscular chest, his prominent abs, and his outstanding V-line, I lick my lips and groan. I look back up at his face, and I'm surprised to see he isn't smirking at me or giving me his sexy knowing stare. But, when I look to my left, my mother happens to be giving me a pointed stare.

My cheeks warm in embarrassment, my mom just saw me ogling my mate. I look back up at him and notice that he has a crazy and panicked look in his eyes; they're wide and looking me up and down with vigor. That's when I remember I was crying. He might be trying to see if I'm hurt.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asks, his eyebrows pinched together in confusion. Looking adorable, he scratches the top of his head, and then looks me up and down again.

"Nothing, I'm fine, I just missed my mom a lot, so I started crying, like any normal girl my age," I say with a smile, and roll my eyes when his eyebrows furrow a bit more. "But, I could use a little nap." He smiles and I giggle when he stretches out his muscular arms for me. Not wasting a second, I jump into his strong and welcoming arms. Since he was carrying me, I decided to be generous and make sure his towel doesn't fall.

He lifts me closer to him, and I smile, feeling warm and fuzzy as I giggle with glee. He takes me up the stairs and into our room. He closes the door behind us, and I drop his towel onto the ground. We breathe in each other's scents, his smells like the forest after it rains, and it overwhelms me, in the best way possible. I can hear the beat of his heart against his chest and I can feel it move. The beat begins to lull me to sleep, I yawn, and he lies me down on the bed.

I feel a bit disappointed when I don't feel him with me, but I just snuggle into the silky blanket, to keep me warm, and I put my hand under the pillow and lay my head against it, making myself feel comfortable.

I watch him as he moves around the room for a while, and when my eyelids get too heavy, I close my eyes, and I listen to the shuffle of his feet, instead. I sigh in contentment when I feel the bed dip, and I smile when he snuggles next to me with boxers on, instead of a towel. He puts one arm around my waist and he puts the other on top of my unruly hair, that is spread across my pillow. He caresses me with his soft yet still rough, hands, and I yawn one last time.

"Goodnight, Adonis, I love you," I whisper to him.

"Goodnight, Sweetheart, I love you too." He whispers back to me, and I sigh. Then he kisses my forehead, and the feeling of his soft lips touching my skin helps me fall into a deep sleep.

 Then he kisses my forehead, and the feeling of his soft lips touching my skin helps me fall into a deep sleep