Chapter 8

(EDITED)Stretching my limbs I look around me and Sarah's room

(EDITED)
Stretching my limbs I look around me and Sarah's room. It's around 5:30 and I need to start my morning workout. Last night was probably one of the most confusing and overwhelming nights of my life. Every little thing got on my nerves and made me want to cry. But now, I've let all of that sadness go, and protecting Sarah is all that I care about and if I'm not in shape, I won't be able to do that.

Today is going to be a different type of day. Sarah, Sage, Jessica, and I, are going to have a conversation.

We need to discuss what I've put Jessica's daughters through, and what I've put her through. Hurrying into the kitchen, I grab some orange juice and some Cheerios.

As I pour the cereal into a bowl, I hear light footsteps coming from upstairs. My body goes stiff and I sniff the air, there is no scent. I growl, the sound echoing throughout the house.

I put the cereal down and run to Sarah's room. I throw open the door to see Sarah, standing up with her eyes closed.

"You're mine. Mine. Mine. Mine," She mumbles with a growl and walks towards me.

When she opens her eyes, something isn't right. Her eyes aren't the same alluring brown color I would lose myself in. They're an electrifying purple, the color of a witch's eyes.

"Sarah, wake up," I demand, my voice shaky and my heart beating fast and wild inside my chest.

"Wake up!"

"Sarah, wake the fuck up!"

Sarah gasps, her eyes turning into those striking and beautiful brown eyes again. She tries to move closer to me and she stumbles. Her knees start shaking and I run toward her and grab her by her shoulders.

I hold her to my chest and sigh in relief. Her scent, the smell of lilies, calms me as I walk down the stairs and into the living room.

"Jessica, Sage, Gregg, Jake, just someone, call Adrian!" I shout to the top of my lungs, there is no answer.

Loud steps travel down the staircase and I turn to see Jessica. Panic and anxiety are stuck in the air between us like glue.

"What happened to her?" Jessica asks with a glare. Her voice was full of accusation, as though I was the one who hurt her.

"I don't know, Ma'am, she was sleepwalking, and then when she opened her eyes, they were purple, you know? Like a witch?"

Not bothering to further explain myself. I place Sarah on the couch, beads of sweat falling onto her small and clammy forehead.

Adrian barges through the door and smiles as he looks at Sarah. A slight twinge of annoyance creeps into my stomach at his blatant disrespect. Who does he think he is, barging into my house like that? But I try to ignore it and focus on trying to help Sarah.

He stares at her even more and I begin to grow even more irritated with my friend. He shouldn't be staring at her like that, she's mine. I snarl at him.

"Her eyes were purple," I snap at him. "Why the hell were her eyes purple?"

Adrian giggles; he fucking giggles!

"She'll be fine. When she wakes up she'll be healthier than ever!"

He runs over to me and hugs me. He squeezes me and shakes and then skips out of the fucking door! I stare back at the door, dumbfounded. My mate's in fucking pain, and he's skipping! He told me he would be able to help me and now when I need his help, he just dismisses me.

What did he mean by, "She'll be healthier than ever?"

"Your friend is psychotic," Jessica says and stares at me harshly. "Don't bother with staring at that door like that. Your friend isn't going to help us. Just be the good guy that Sarah tells me you are and help me find a way to wake her up."

I lift Sarah up and into my arms, following Jessica into her room, I kiss Sarah's forehead.

"He owes me and I'm pretty confused. He told me that when the time came he would help me and I guess I'm just a little bit upset that he fell back on his word." I explain to Jessica. Scratching my forehead, I sigh. "I'm sorry that I've caused so much trouble in your life Mrs. Sanders. I'm not sure what's going on with Sarah right now and I'll do anything to make her better. I love her. I know that you probably don't believe me when I tell you that, but it's the truth. I'm sorry, both of you deserve to have the best life has to offer and because of me, you don't."

I bow my head and open the pack doctor's door. Heading inside, I place Sarah on the small bed in the corner of the room.

"Listen, I'm not promising you my forgiveness and I don't think you deserve it," she says curtly. "But I'll be civil for Sarah. Don't expect anything more than that. I still hate you."

I nod my head and smile. She hates my voice and I don't want her to change her mind because of something I said.

Sitting down on the bed next to Sarah, I hold her close to my body. Her scent has changed a bit; it's stronger now. I begin to feel the familiar and strange sensation of my eyes dilating and contorting; something about her scent is making me intoxicated. I try to calm myself down, the only way I know how, by holding Sarah even closer to me. I scratch my head in confusion and my heart begins to hammer in my chest. My eyebrows furrow and I swipe my forehead with my hand.

I feel Sarah's hand twitch and I smile. Is she waking up? I hold my breath in anticipation when her eyelids start to flutter open. She gasps and I smile when I notice that her eye color is back to a gorgeous, chocolate brown.

 She gasps and I smile when I notice that her eye color is back to a gorgeous, chocolate brown