Chapter 4

(EDITED)Pain

(EDITED)
Pain.
All that I've been able to feel lately is pain. I'm supposed to be strong and put together. I'm a guard. I'm a warrior. My body is built for war. I protect my Luna, and I do so, emotionlessly. My family's pride in my position in this pack isn't unwarranted. I have pride in it as well. The fact that I'm ranked so high in the Dark Moon Pack has got to be recognized for something! I've lived my life in honor with my brother at my side and when I love someone I protect them with precision, I treat them with care, and I put them before myself. What about that is worthy of rejection? I'm a very loyal person, I don't leave the people who care about me in times of need.

Yet the person who should have been there for me, the person who could have everything they wanted if they asked me, the person who could've cried on my shoulder whenever she pleased, rejected me. She claims that it's because she didn't want a mate, and she refused to have two. But I call bullshit.

If she wasn't ready for a relationship, she could have just said so, I wouldn't have pressured her into one with us. But I would at least be able to know that when the time came we could've been a possibility.

I would've been an amazing friend to her, I could've held her hand when she got sad and talked to her at all hours of the night. We could discuss, god, forbid, her having a relationship with someone else. I would've had no problem. I would have even given her advice if they had problems, I would bite back my happiness for her, I would swallow my pride and help her get back with him. If they broke up I would have ice cream ready for her.

Being me, I wouldn't have made a move on her unless she explains to me that she was ready for that step. Just being with her would've made me the happiest man alive, but she rejected me.

Jake is pissed he is so completely angry with her blunt rejection, he's become colder than we warriors are supposed to be. He's been wanting a mate for so long that he had this hope inside him that everything that we went through would be better as soon as his mate came along, he would finally be happy, and now that the time came, she crushed him.

The person who was supposed to love us unconditionally broke my brother apart, she tore him up piece by piece and now we're both pretending everything is alright. When everything is anything but alright, we're both depressed. I'm coping with it by trying to find her, he's coping with it by trying to forget about her.

Do I blame him for that? No, I don't! Did I look for her without him? Yes, I did! Do I regret it? No!

I'm not letting any girl ruin my brother, especially after all we have been through. So I will try my hardest to bring her back. I looked everywhere and anywhere since she rejected us and there has been no sign of her anywhere.

For now, I have to postpone the search because Jake and I are accompanying Sarah, Alpha Adonis, and Alpha Adonis' old friend Adrian. The five of us are in the car, Adrian driving, and everyone else besides Sarah, Adrian, and I are asleep including Jake and Alpha Adonis.