Seven- Empire State of Mind

New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothin' you can't do
Now you're in New York
These streets will make you feel brand new
The lights will inspire you
Let's hear it for New York, New York,
New York
-Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z Ft. Alicia Keys

Harry awakens from a knocking at his door. He rubs the sleep from his eyes and stumbles down the hallway. It's too early for visitors, he's so confused.

The door swings open and a boy who once had bleached blonde hair lunges into his arms. "Harry! New York was crazy I gotta tell you all about it." Niall screams before pushing past Harry and making himself at home on his couch. "Gosh Harry, you need to clean up." He says, making a disgusted face at the living room.

"Hello Niall. I'm doing great thanks for asking, oh and please come in." Harry mumbles sarcastically with an eye roll.

He makes his way over to his best friend whom he hasn't seen since the memorial service and sits down. "Hey I know your upset but I spoke to Gemma and I'm here to make you happy!" Niall practically screams. Harry looks over at the cable box to check the time.

"It's 8am Niall, that means it's way too early to be this loud." Harry groans. Niall ignores him and rambles on about his stories of going to New York City. Niall works for some recording company that causes him to travel often. He got to stay in New York for 6 months because of some new talent he was scoping out.

"So anyways, I meet this guy at some club and he starts talking about..." Harry dozed off because he didn't really  give a crap about some guy Niall met. He wasn't trying to be rude, it's just that Niall tends to tell pointless stories that he thinks are funny. In reality they make Harry want to light himself on fire. "...So I say did you know a Louis Tomlinson! And he says yeah we were in training together!" Harry's head snaps to the side. He looks at Niall with a newfound interest in the conversation.

Harry knows he shouldn't get his hopes up, but he can't help it. "Did he know anything?!" Harry interrupts, startling Niall.

"He said that he remembers him because Louis got shot in the ankle and him and another guy helped carry him to safety. But that was all he knew." Niall sighs in defeat, wishing he had more info for Harry. Harry's mood deflates a little and Niall knows what'll cheer him up.

Gemma told him about all the Polaroids Harry kept in a box. Niall thought another memory would cheer his best friend up.

"Remember when we went to New York City?" And that's all Harry needed to dash to his room, rummage through the box, and then come back with a single picture.

"Of course I do." He smiles gently. Him and Niall launch into the conversation of the antics that took place in the big apple.

Harry clearly remembers the shock he felt when his parents said yes to him going away for winter break. Liam's eldest sister Nicola had an apartment there and she was going away as well to visit her boyfriends family. She needed someone to watch her dog as she went to England. Liam volunteered to watch the dog under the condition that him and his four friends could stay there.

All of their parents agreed thinking it would be a good experience for the 5 boys from Pennsylvania to get out and explore a little.

And exploring is definitely what they did. They went on walks in Central Park in the snow, watched the ball drop in Times Square as it became 2010, and they even made some long distance friends. The boys enjoyed their time in the big city and dreaded when they had to go home.

But Harry of course made sure to get a picture of him and Louis on one of their Central Park walks and he let Niall hang it up on the wall for him.

[So now you get to see a bit more into what happened to Louis. This probably gave it all away, maybe not, but you still don't know everything.

So, thoughts on Niall coming over to help Harry out?

Thanks for reading, vote and comment your thoughts, I'd love to hear them.]