Ten- We Are the Champions

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World
-We Are The Champions By Queen

Screams of "Harry!" erupt through the little bowling alley as Niall and Harry walk in. It's just two guys, Liam and Zayn screaming, but it's loud enough to draw annoyed looks.

"I haven't seen you in forever!" Liam yelps, grabbing Harry and pulling him into a hug. "I really wanna punch you right now cause I'm mad at you, but I'm also really happy to see you."

Harry smiles bashfully. He definitely feels a little guilty. Because of one person who loves him, he gave up on all the others.

"You scared us." Zayn adds, reaching for his hug. "We've really missed you Harry."

"Sorry." Harry says guiltily. "I've missed you guys too."

"Well let's stop being sappy and start bowling!" Niall cheers, leading the small group over to their lane.

The four of them plus one more used to go bowling all the time in high school. Harry was always so bad at it. All the other boys would tease him but he didn't care because he knew that they were just joking. He just went to hang out with his best friends, and stare at Louis' butt when he'd bend over to roll the ball.

"C'mon Haz, you're up!" Niall says snapping Harry from his day dreaming of Louis' butt.

"Remember that time the bowling alley had the tournament and we thought it'd be a good idea to enter?" Harry speaks after knocking down only one pin. He figures it's better than a gutter.

He takes a moment to look around. It's still the same place, just different. The walls have been repainted since the last time they were all there, and everything's more high tech to evolve with the new technological world.

"Of course I do." Niall chuckles.

"Poor Lou, he really thought we were gonna win." Zayn sighs nostalgically.

"I think he cried a little when we didn't." Harry says smiling at the thought. Louis really put his heart and souls into everything he cared about. And for some reason he really cared about that bowling tournament.

"He should've known there was no way we could win with Harry on our team." Liam teases, ruffling Harry's curls. "I like the long hair by the way, it suits you." Harry smiles with a slight blush from the compliment. "Im sure Lou would've loved it too." Liam says in a softer and sadder voice.

"Yeah, he'd like pulling on it!" Niall barks as if it was the funniest joke ever. Everything always had to be so dirty to him.

"You're gross Ni, I don't need that image in my head." Zayn groans, shoving past the bleach blonde to roll his ball. "Do you guys still have your trophies from the tournament? I found mine the other day and I laughed so hard that I cried."

"Why?"

"Because it was just a participation trophy." Zayn laughs.

"Yet I can vaguely remember Niall and Louis singing "We Are the Champions" the rest of the week." Liam says.

"We were though!" Niall argues.

Harry smiles, knowing that he still has a Polaroid from that day. "Yeah, I guess we were in our own little way."

"How? I mean, what did we win?" Zayn retorts.

Harry looks at all his friends as they look at him waiting for an answer.

"Memories. We won memories of us all together and happy, even if we did lose. I think that's way better than some crappy plastic trophy that says first and a $50 gift card to Applebee's." Harry explains. "Trophies are meaningless. We could've went to Applebee's whenever we wanted. But we can never get back that day. We're lucky to say we have the memories."

The boys all look at Harry in astonishment. They didn't expect something that deep. But then again, he's still Harry, despite the hardship he's gone through.

"Oh, it's my turn." Harry smiles.

[im a piece of shit and haven't updated anything in like three billion years. I blame school. I hope this was worth the wait and I'm hoping for more updates soon.

My name and covers were changed if you didn't realize. I had to do that for personal reasons but yeah hope you enjoyed.

Please vote and comment because I work hard on this story. Thanks for reading!]