Thirteen- Youth

What if
What if we start to drive
What if
What if we close our eyes
What if
We're speeding through red lights into paradise
'Cause we've no time for getting old
Mortal bodies, timeless souls
Cross your fingers, here we go
Oh, oh, oh
-Youth by Troye Sivan

"It was the summer of 2011." Niall begins in a dramatic tone. "Five best friends came together to be the best of their neighborhood. They trained for weeks-"

"We didn't train whatsoever Niall."

"on end, with big dreams to become champions." Niall continues as if Liam never cut him off. "They were assigned the color yellow, and even though they all hated it-"

"I love the color yellow! Equality to all colors!"

"They still persevered and were able to win-"

"We got third place out of seven."

"You guys are no fun!" Niall whines, finally giving up on his dramatic monologue. All three of his friends had managed to interrupt him before he was able to even finish speaking.

"Well you're annoying." Zayn teases before shooting Niall an innocent grin.

Harry leaves his living room to go pull out a picture. When he comes back he hands it to Niall first. The boy lights up at the sight. "I can't believe you still have this!" He roars in excitement. The four boys gather around the Polaroid in Niall's hand. Harry's used to this nostalgic feeling lately, but the boys seem to be emotional as it hits them.

"We were so young." Zayn gasps.

"What was I wearing?" Liam snorts.

Harry remembers that day as if it were yesterday. That was the day of the tournament. Doniya was the one who took the picture for them, and right after they got the shot Harry dropped Niall on his back. Niall then dramatically lied there for about 6 minutes saying that he was paralyzed and couldn't get up and to go on without him. Louis then threatened to tell Niall's parents about a certain missing vase and he immediately got up.

There was six other teams of teenagers from their area there competing too. They were pretty sure having three teams would've been a big deal, let alone seven. There wasn't even a prize. In all honesty, there just wasn't anything fun for them to do in that town anymore. It sounded stupid, but everyone just wanted to hang out with their friends and have fun.

Which is exactly what the boys got.

The games were frivolous, consisting of things like a water balloon toss and a relay race. They happened to have a nice sized lake near them where they had a kayak race and everyone who participated got free lunch that day at the local diner. But the best part was the last event.

Each team had to go on a scavenger hunt and get pictures of things on the list. Whoever got the most by a certain time won. It seemed easy, until they got the list.

-Kiss a stranger on the cheek
-Steal a bike from a bike rack (then return it)
-Eat a live worm
-Swim in the fountain
-Take change from the fountain
-Serenade a stranger
-Have a fight with an inanimate object

The list was completely embarrassing and idiotic. But, that didn't stop them from doing almost everything on it.

Harry ended up kissing some random woman in a grocery store. Liam stole a My Little Pony bike with training wheels (then put it back). Niall ate a live worm that a little boy dug up for him. Zayn serenaded a police officer with Firework by Katy Perry. Louis fought (very loudly) with a fork in a restaurant full of people. And they all went swimming together in the fountain and took some coins.

"Worms don't even taste that bad in all honesty." Niall admits.

The three boys all laugh. Not really because of what Niall said, but because they were all thinking of the things they did that day too.

"I thought that cop was going to arrest me for singing to him. I was literally thinking "oh no, what if he hates that song?" after I sang it." Zayn laughs.

"What about the fact that we splashed around in the towns fountain and people just took pictures? I thought that was illegal." Harry says. And they all just laugh and talk about that day. They talk about how immortal and unbreakable they felt that day.

And they talk about Louis too.

And for once, talking about him doesn't hurt. It actually makes Harry feel better.

[Tada! I think I'm being pretty awesome with these updates. I mean I just looked at the clock and it's apparently 4am. I didn't even realize how late it was getting oops.

I'll probably be sleepy tomorrow but I hope it was worth it.

Thanks for reading, and please comment and vote!]