- four*

"So it's between Avatar and Iron Man."

"I vote Avatar but I'm totally with either one. Oh wait, do you have Spider Man?!" I could totally pass for a guy.

"Um yeah, I think so, let me check." Luke searches the drawers of the TV stand for the movie. "No, but I do have Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."

"Let's watch Avatar, I haven't seen that in a while. Also, I am unashamed to say that Robert Downey Jr. is quite the looker, but I'd rather make out with you than watch some middle aged man on a screen."

"Oh I just wanted to watch the film, but if you want to do that, I mean I won't say no."

"I said that out loud?," my eyes jumping out of their sockets with panic, and I earn yet another laugh from Luke.

"Yeah, you did," he confirms. It's quiet for a moment, us just smiling at each other before he breaks the silence. "I'll go make popcorn, you want your own bag?"

"Yeah, but I'll come with you, keep you company."

"Okay."

I let Luke put the bags in the microwave, and when the second is done, I go to take it out. When I turn to pour popped kernels in the bowl he got out for me, I am startled when I see him already standing next to me, empty dish in hand, ready for me to fill. 

"Oh dear," I exclaim, not expecting him to be where he is. I look into his eyes while mumbling an apology. He takes the bag and sets it in the bowl, and places it on the counter, our stare never breaking. He steps closer to me, wraps his arms around my small waist. He plants a kiss on my hair, then on my forehead, nose, then looks to my eyes again before his soft, warm lips meet my own.

Oh my.

He pulls away and immediately does what I was going to do for me. He holds my hand as he guides me back to his room without speaking. He moves the covers out my way so I can sink into his bed (warm, like his lips), and he goes to the other side and does the same. He sets the bowls he carried between us, then turns his head to face me.

"I'm sorry," is all he says before pushing play and shoveling some popcorn into his mouth.

"Why? I liked it."

"Thank goodness, I thought you didn't because you didn't say anything."

"I didn't have any words."

"Enjoyed it that much, huh?," he teases.

I decide to conform: "I did. It was genuine, spontaneous, kind..."

"Well, I'm glad you like kissing me."

"Yeah, I'd like to do that again sometime soon." I bring my hand to his (perfect) jaw and move his head towards mine, our lips crashing again, this time with more movement than the last. He scoots closer, and I shift my body to face his, my hand now running through his hair and the supporting my weight.

Time stops. It feels like there nothing else in the world but our bodies and this bed.

When I start to run out of breath, I pull away, resting my forehead on his, our eyes meeting each other again.

"I don't know what to say." He speaks, sitting up and looking at the TV.

"Neither do I. But I, um, well, I liked it. I just... I don't want that to happen to much?" I said it as more of a question than a demand. "Wait, do you want this to be, like, real?"

"What do you mean real?"

"Like, do you want to be in a relationship? I know it's only- crap I'm so sorry-"

"Kae, I probably will. But yeah, it's our first date. And I'm sure there will be more."

I don't know if I have the words to respond, so I just smile and switch my position to look at the TV.

I'm really glad I said yes this morning.

_________________________
a/n because I was not okay with there being 666 words tbh.

TGIF AMIRIGHT. let's hope I can go to a football game 2nite because football is cool and so am i (jk obvi)

s/o to my twins maddydwilliams and PeytonFalkenhagen