- five

Throughout the entire movie, I kept cringing and wincing and burying my face into Luke's neck when the violent scenes came on the screen. 'Kae, watch the movie!' He yelled the first time I hid my eyes.

When Dr. Grace died, I cried- and by cried, I mean sobbed- while Luke held me, reassuring me by saying it was only a movie. I laughed at my emotions, air becoming harder to reach as I kept laughing, Luke joining me, mostly because there was mascara running down my face as we looked at each other, gasping for oxygen after a while.

As it ended and the credits changed, my eyelids became heavy and hard to keep open. I lay my head against his shoulder, letting sleep take over as he turns off the TV and DVD player. I feel his head lean on top of mine before I fall asleep, smiling as I go under.

+++

I am woken up by what sounds like a herd of elephants bursting into the apartment, the sun still shining through the thin grey curtains. Luke is still right next to me, our fingers alternating each other's.

"Hey, Luke," I speak softly, not wanting to give him an abrupt awakening, "I think the boys are back."

"Yeah, me too," he opens his mouth to yell at them but before he can, I put my fingers up to his parted lips.

"Please don't scream at them."

"I don't scream, silly." He gets up and walks out of the room, almost falling when he runs into the corner of the bed 'Shít' I hear him mumble, making sure he sees me shoot a glare at him (kiddingly of course).

I stay in his bed, but I sit up, stretch my arms out, and lean back on the headboard. From here, I can hear him talking to the boys: "Seriously guys I have a girl here." One of them denies it, calling him gay. "I am not gay you shítdíčk," he retaliates. At that I decide to go and prove them wrong.

"Hey, babe." I kiss him pretty hard, letting the other boys know that I do, in fact, exist.

"I'm Michael. He's gay." I flip him off. Jàckaśs. "She's feisty, mate."

"You better believe it!" I'm at least eighty percent sure Luke is definitely straight.

"Calum," he reaches his hand out for me to shake, "and she's got a firm shake. She- wait what's your name?"

"I'm Kae," I smile. My name is kinda cute. I'm kinda cute. Points to you for being self-assured.

"Hey girly. Name's Ashton." A boy with long, crazy hair greets me. He also offers a hand shake. What the actual shît why are his hands so big???!?

"So have you eaten yet?" Luke breaks a long, uncomfortable silence, scrummaging the pantry.

"We did but I still have plenty of room," Michael says, fully expecting Luke to cook for him.

"Did you go grocery shopping like I said you needed to?"

Ashton, Calum, and Michael stop moving instantly, then slide their shoes back on and are gone again. Luke texts Calum the list, then sets his phone on the counter and looks at me.

"Freedom!" Luke laughs for the hundredth time this morning and I realize how hungry I am.

"Do you have enough to for the two of us to eat?"

"Yeah, but Michael eats like everything. It's pretty bad. What do you want?"

"I eat pretty much everything, I'll assume that a house full of teenage boys doesn't keep salad in the house, though."

"What's a salad?," Luke jokes, looking into the fridge.

"We have like nothing, do you want to go out?"

"Yeah sure. But I'm paying for my food, whether you like it or not. I don't want you spending too much money on me."

"Fine. Buzzkill." He kisses my forehead before we walk out the door.

This is good. This is great.

____________________
a/n
hope you had a good short week.

also dont ever fool yourself into thinking an older guy actually likes you, straight teenage boys suck (if i have male readers pls msg me so i can explain and apoligize

IMSORRY FOR NOT UPDATING For tWO WeeKS IVE BEEN TRYING TO UPDATE EAEM

xx, z