- twelve

"Kae....Kae, I need you to wake up."

"Why."

"You need to eat something." 

"I'm not hungry."

"Well you need some water."

"I'm not thirsty. Leave me alone."

"Kae, you need to get up. You cant just sleep all day."

"It's not daytime anymore. And I said leave me alone."

"I heard you, dear. But I need you need to get up."

I finally sit up like he has asked me to so many times. "What do you want," I say as more of a demand than a question. His fault for pestering me when I surely told him not to. 

"I want to make sure you're feeling alright."

"Okay. I'm fine, except now I'm mad because you won't shut up and stop bothering me. Go home."

"Are you actually kicking me out."

"Are you actually claiming that I have no reason to? This is my apartment, did you forget that?"

"Yeah, I did for a minute. If I let you sleep will you let me stay?"

"Fine. Just get out of my room. And close the door behind you"

"Okay."

+++

From my bed, with the door still closed I can hear Luke talking. I listen in to see if he is on the phone or talking to himself. 

"You ruined her, Michael. She hasn't gotten out of bed since we got back to her house."

"Asking for it? What the actual f- Michael, use your head right now, don't be a fuckass about this. She is so important to me and you just go off and do this to her?"

"I don't know if she loves me, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she didn't anymore."

That doesn't make any sense. That's not...  I decide to say something. "Luke."

Less than 10 seconds later, Luke is back in the space too close to me as he was before. 

"Not so close, please." 

"Oh, I'm so sorry, of course, are you okay, do you need anything?"

"For one, I need you to slow down. Two, just leave the dick alone. If he doesn't see it as an issue, you can't make him. He's one of the worst kinds of people out there, as far I'm concerned." 

"I just need him to know it wasn't okay. At all." 

"I would apologize for being harsh, but I'm not sorry."

"You shouldn't be." He stands, and I find myself not wanting to be alone anymore."

"Stay." 

"Where do you want me?" He hesitates, and I can tell he doesn't want to overstep any boundaries.

"Right here." I tap the space in front of me and wait for him to slide his shoes off. After he softly sneaks under the covers, I reach for his waist, motioning him nearer to me. "I feel safe right here with you."

"That's good. I've missed you."

"Did you go anywhere while I was asleep?"

"No, but I made myself something to eat, I hope that's alright." 

"Of course. Thank you for staying. And for understanding that I shouldn't have been completely alone."

"I didn't want to do see anyone anyway, and I knew you needed me."

"Yeah, I did."

"Do you still want to sleep?" 

"Yeah, I hope you don't mind."

"We've known each other too long to be this considerate with each other," he laughs. A soft, small, nervous laugh, though.

"I don't think there's anything wrong with being nice. Nice people are the best kinds of people."

"Wish I knew more people like that."

"Yeah, me too, Luke. Me too."

___________________________________

a/n

AND THERES CH 12 !!!!!!!!!!! 

its currently 12:43 am and my stomach rly hurts and idk why (,:

also i wanna see top again that was amzaing