- seven

"I don't really know what to say."

"It's okay. You don't have to say anything. I'm not, by the way."

"Even if you were, it wouldn't change a thing."

"Thank you so much." He is so incredibly nervous and it's really freaking cute.

"Do you want to get something here or do you want to go back to my place and I can cook for you?"

"If you don't mind, can we go to yours? I don't feel brave enough to be in public."

"Of course not. I'll pay for our drinks, and then well head out." He nods and fakes a smile. I wish he actually smiled.

During the way to my house, he sits in the passenger seat and fidgets with his jacket sleeves in his palms. I tell him multiple times: It's just my house. He says he knows, that he just feels bad for putting this on me.

We pull into my usual parking space, I move the gear next to the P, pull the keys out of the ignition, take off my seat belt, then finally turn to him. "Don't you ever feel bad for being sad. You have feelings -hey, look at me -sometimes sharing how you feel helps. There is nothing wrong with that." He almost inaudibly asks me if we could go inside. I nod, get out of the car, and open the door for him. He holds my hand as I lead the way to my apartment, a gesture I ignore for the moment. Once we're inside, he lets go of my grasp. I find myself wishing he hadn't.

"Would you like anything in particular? I know a lot of recipes so I can fix up pretty much anything."

"Do you have stuff for homemade pizza?"

"That is a fantastic idea. I've been looking for an occasion to use all this basil, thank you, Luke."

"No, thank you," he says, now in the kitchen with me.

"Before I start this, would you like anything to drink? I don't have soda, my apologies."

"Orange juice?"

"Dork. Will you get a cup from there, please," I say, pointing to the counter at his eye level as I grab the carton from the fridge door, along with the cheese, tomato sauce, and other things for the pizza. Luke pours his cup for himself, and I measure the flour, butter, eggs, etc.

I'm stirring the ingredients when Luke sets his cup in the sink, then stands next to me as I'm flattening the dough out on a pan.

"I'm sorry, Kae."

"What for?" I hope he's not apologizing for what he told me.

"For worrying you about whether I even like you or not. I do, by the way."

"Then I believe you. Please don't change, Luke. Don't change anything."

"I won't."

And then his lips are on mine, his hands on my waist and jaw, respectively. He lifts me up and sets me on the counter, positions himself between my legs. Even though the counter has given me a couple inches of advantage, Luke is still tilting his head down to reach me.

I pull away for just a moment. "Can I put this in oven first?"

"Yeah, yeah."

I sprinkle mozzarella over the sauce, then scatter the basil leaves over top of it. Luke helps set the timer on the microwave as I'm putting the pan on the middle rack of the oven.

"Let me just throw this stuff in here. Can you throw this away, please?" He stuffs the can in the trash, then takes me by surprise as he grabs my behind and tells me to wrap my legs around him.

"Bedroom?"

"Door at the back of the hall." And then I'm lost in his lips and the way his glacier-blue eyes grow dark.

Don't go too far, Kae.

________________________
a/n

TOLD YA!! this one was easier to write than I thought it would be. thank y'all for reading (:

CASTAWAY//BROKEN HOME//VAPOR//INVISIBLE