"HIM BOOK." Get it? Like "Hymn book," only stupid.

February 5, 1998

After gym class in the hall today, I saw Matt looking through a little blue book and I asked him what it was. He handed it to me and said, “Hannah’s book. It says things about all the boys she likes and stuff.”

On the front it said “HIM BOOK.” Get it? Like “Hymn book,” only stupid.

Jenna came up and said, “Hannah gave it to me to look at, but she told me not to show it to anyone.” She raised her eyebrows. I kept it and Steph and I read the whole thing on the way home. It is very interesting because apparently she likes ten guys who are not Hunter, her boyfriend.

We could really use it to blackmail her. Steph hates her and I don’t really like her anymore, either, I guess.

Steph suggested getting Matt to leave it in the boys’ bathroom, but I think that’s just really too cruel. Then again, she must have wanted someone to find it. Why on earth would she even make a book like that? I think it’s a flakey thing to do.

Even though we could totally ruin her life with it, I think we should just put it back in her locker.

[Way to show some semblance of morality, Me! But way to be easily influenced by Steph’s opinions of others, too.]