"Easy-access" outfit

May 21, 2000

Today is Sunday. The last dance was on Friday, and it was such a blast! Steven's older brother was chaperoning and everyone was going crazy over how gorgeous he is. He is beautiful, but he seems like a bit of a conceited asshole, because he was making fun of Steven right in front of me. It really embarrassed Steven, I could tell.

Speaking of Steven, he and I are so cool! I absolutely love our relationship. It's not just like we are going out, it's like we're really good friends, too. We fool around so much: at the dance, a bunch of guys had on these jumpsuits that gas station workers wear. [Of course. Didn't you ever wear a jumpsuit like this to a school dance? No?] They got hot in them so they took them off and dared Steven to wear one. He did, and then convinced me to wear one, too.

I felt like such a dork, but in a good way, because Steven and I started to tango [re: definitely not tango, because we didn't know what tango actually was]. But Laura told me that Emma and some other girls said that my suit was an "easy-access" outfit, since it zipped all the way down the front.

Anyways, almost at the end of the dance, they played "Graduation" by Vitamin C. It made me think. I don't really want to leave 8th grade. A lot of my friends are going to different high schools or moving, and it just seems like way too much is ending way too fast. I want to cling onto what's left of being the way I am now, since I know I'll change, too.