Like, the world didn't end.

January 4, 2000

Okay, obviously nothing happened on New Years. Like, the world didn't end. We didn't even lose electricity! I was a bit disappointed, because all the hype and build-up had kind of gotten to me, I guess. Well, now it's the new year and it should be a blank slate, but it's really not. Now that I think of it, each year never is. I'm still friends with the same people, I still dislike the same people, the same people still dislike me, and I'm disappointed.

Tyler is still in England even though he told me he'd be home by now. Louis says Tyler won't be in school until Thursday. It's not as hard to wait now, though, since vacation is over and I have things to occupy my mind with, like schoolwork.

I guess Jacob and I are still friends, because at first I was ignoring him but he noticed so I felt bad and stopped. I also brought doubles of my pictures from Shauna's party into school today to give him, as I had promised. He was so happy to have the doubles that it made me happy, too, even though I had been in a bad mood.

[For those readers born into the age of the digital camera: A "double" refers to a second copy of a print photo, which could be ordered by checking a box and paying an extra few dollars when you left your film to be developed at CVS, and which was distributed to the person featured in the photo whom you thought most deserved it or to someone who needed it for the shrine they were building of that person.]

I talked on the phone with James tonight. I like the way my friendship is with him - I can tell him everything I tell my girlfriends. We're not affectionate, though, like we never hug. I like that, though, because it means he hasn't accused me of being a tease in a while.