Jenna was trying to make herself throw up and Lisa was laughing.

February 11, 1998

In Science class today, I stared at the chalkboard without blinking until my eyes started to water. Then I raised my hand and asked to go to the nurse. I told Ms. Benson I had a stomachache and she was all concerned.

I was feeling pretty proud of myself for pulling that off, and I felt even better when I saw that Matt was also at the nurse. He was scooting around the room on a stool with wheels, eating saltine crackers.

The nurse let me stay until lunch (a half hour away). I went to lunch and then went back to the nurse, and this time Jenna and Lisa came, too. Jenna was trying to make herself throw up and Lisa was laughing. Then Jenna and I pretended to be asleep on the cots so we wouldn’t have to go back to class. We didn’t leave for another hour and ten minutes. By that time, the school day was almost over.

Aaron came in at one point, took his own temperature, found it to be normal, and left. I was like, okay.

Zach took the bus somewhere after school and he wouldn’t tell me where. Matt said he was going to get braces put on. Oh, no!

[I’m sorry, when is trying to make yourself throw up ever funny? I hope that school nurse has since found a new profession, because it doesn’t sound like she had things under control at all.]