Chapter 16

DEDICATED TO ALECIA STONE :) Thank you so much for helping me in editing and never getting bored of my questions. Also for a warm welcome at CBY CLUB.

Thank you everyone for reading this and supporting me. So summer break has started and I had lots of fun with my friends in between these 4-5 days. Now going to focus on my studies. Its my final school year, have to work hard to get into good university. But I am not going to stop writing. I will always keep on updating.  Hope you have a marvelous day! 

Enjoy reading! 

A color which I felt first was my mother’s unconditional love. It was pure and better than any color to see. Mamma’s affection could be felt like being hit by strong wind but it was so gentle.

The second color I know is friendship which my crazy best friend Clay taught me. She replaced a part of my black world with colors of friendship and that color was enhanced by Dean.  Dean has really deepened meaning of friendship for me and I feel like he is introducing me to some new colors. 

I don’t know what will happen in future but I sure know that I will have some people with me to share it with.

I was sitting in my room thinking while waiting for Clay to arrive. 

I was going out with Dean tonight. I still couldn’t say the word “date”. It’s so unreal to me.

Back to Clay, when she heard about me going out with Dean….

*Flashback*

It was mine and Clay’s free period.  We were sitting in school garden. I had asked Clay to take me to a silent place where I can talk to her. I cannot hide something so special from my best friend.

“Okay, spill it out!” Clay ordered

“ Umm… I-I …” I stuttered

“Go on, my ears are open” 

“Clay, I- I a-am…”

“Annie, come on say it out. What is it?”

“IamgoingoutonadatewithDean” I spilled out hurriedly.

“Can you say it slowly? I don’t understand alien”

I filled my lungs with air and then said

“I am going out on a date with Dean”

After that, my ears went deaf.

Clay shouted so loudly that I am sure whole school would be looking at her now.

“Oh my god! Oh my god!” She hugged me “I am so happy for you.”

I smiled and thanked her

“So I am coming at 5 to your house to dress you up so that Dean will be mesmerized by you the whole time. Although I know that he is already mesmerized by you”

Her last comment made me blush. But I focused on her first comment. Oh no! She was going to play Barbie doll on me. I hate wearing make ups.

“Don’t you make that face Annabel, I am going to dress you up and that’s final.” Clay told in a voice that said no further argument.

Then when I reached home and told my mother.

“Mom, Dean asked me out.” I said to mom while eating my cookies. 

Dad and Alvin had gone to visit my aunt. 

“Do you mean on a date?” Mamma asked cautiously 

“Yes”  and I blushed

“Ahh!”   Mom shrieked in happiness “My baby is growing up!” And she hugged me so tight that I couldn’t breathe.

Why are everyone shouting today and that in my ears!

“Mom, can’t breathe”

“Oh sorry!” She released me “Do you need help? I can help you get ready”

Even my mom wants to dress me up.

“Thanks mom but Clay is coming.” I politely denied.

“Okay. I am so happy for you.”

I can imagine my mom crying tears of joy.

*Flashback ends*

I heard the door bell ring and mom opening the door. I heard Clay greeting my mom and could feel the excitement in both my crazy best friend and lovely mother’s voice.

Footsteps could be heard due to Clay walking on them. She opened my bedroom door.

“Hey besty!” Clay greeted and hugged me

“Hey!” I smiled and hugged her back.

“So let’s don’t waste out time and dress you up so that Dean will forget every other girl in this world”  Clay shouted excitedly. She is so dramatic.

Then started the game of Barbie dolls.