Chapter 17

Hey friends, I won a contest held by CBY club and my story "He showed me colors" has been featured on the blog. I am on the author's spotlight section. There is an interview of mine too. Please check it out. 

http://cbybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/author-spotlight-shiningstary.html

You can get a chance too. To join CBY CLUB you have to join its blog site. 

Link for joining club- http://bit.ly/Z3Pt9u 

And refer my name in the form of:

http://cbybookclub.blogspot.in/p/giveaways.html

To know more visit- http://www.wattpad.com/user/Writer_Alstone

I was dressed in a black summer dress. Clay said it looked so nice on me as if it was made for me only.

The comment gave me confidence that maybe Dean will like me.

This made me wonder, I never asked anyone about how Dean looked.

“Clay, I never asked it but how does Dean look?”

“Hmmm… Dean looks hot! He has these cute cheekbones with a lingering smile. Those chocolate-brown eyes are to die for. They are so mesmerizing that you feel like you could see his pure soul. Those red lips spread magic when he smiles. The black hair adds a charm to his appearance and his white skin glows whenever he is with you.”

Her comment made me blush. Was it true that he was happy whenever with me?

“Oh, I love the blush! Though I love my boy friend but Dean is a boy who has the power to attract girls without even trying. Don’t tell anyone how I described him or else I will be in trouble” Clay warned though she knew I wouldn’t tell anyone.

But the main thing my mind focused on was Dean was so handsome that he could have any girl, then how would he want me?

It made me a little sad.

“I will not tell anyone”

“A penny for your thoughts” Clay said

“I was just thinking if he can have anyone then why would he go out with me?” I shared my confusion

“Simple, you are such a nice and pretty girl and that only true and honest people can see that. Dean is one of them and you deserve him.”

“But….” I interrupted

“Annie, People like Dean are hard to find in this world who appreciate the real person inside you and treasure them. You shouldn’t let him go. No matter, if you have to be just friends with him for the rest of your life.” Clay said in a soft and emotional tone.

She was right. People like Dean are one in billions. I will never like to be away from Dean. Just thinking about losing him is far more painful.

“Right, Clay” I agreed with her and nodded my head.

Before anyone of us could say anything more, we heard the door bell ring. I heard my mother’s footsteps marching towards the doors.

She opened the door and I heard them greeting each other.

“Your lover boy is here Annie” Clay shouted excitedly like some five-year old does after getting a balloon.

I blushed harder. I hope Dean didn’t hear that.

“Clay!” I scolded her

“Come on let’s go down. Don’t make the boy wait.” Clay took my hands in her and led us downstairs.

My mom and Dean were talking in the living room. I heard them shuffling on couches.

We were near the entrance of living room when Clay suddenly stopped and I bumped on her back. I steadied myself.

“Presenting, the most beautiful princess Annabel” Clay announced as if announcing some royal thing and stepped aside.

I knew I was blushing like a cherry. I fidgeted with me hands and kept my head down.

“Oh my! Annie you look so beautiful. As Clay said like a princess” Mom said and I could hear her cry.

She sat up and came towards me to give a hug. I hugged her back.

I heard Dean standing up.

“I told you naa… lover boy will be mesmerized to see you. He cannot take his eyes off you.” Clay whispered in my ears.

I thought I would explode by blushing.

I heard Dean coming towards us

“Mrs. Robinson, I will bring her back early.” Dean said but it sounded more as a promise.

“No worries Dean, I trust you. I know you will take care of my daughter” Mom replied.

By hearing Mom’s words I realized Dean was a person who could be easily trusted by anyone. My mom must have seen sincerity in him.

“Now go or else you will be late.” Mom ushered us out.

“Bye and Enjoy yourself” Clay shouted from back.

Dean took my hand in his and led me to his car.

After we were settled in his car, he drove off.