Chapter 7

Hey all! I am sorry updating so late. I had exams and then I had some work to complete. When I opened my laptop to update the story, I found that my internet was not working so I got late. But the wait is over now. So enjoy the story and tell me what you liked and disliked.  Thanks to all who are reading my stories. Please give a read to my other stories.

Thank you all for giving your precious time. Love you all and I am really sorry once again.

 Vote! Comment! Fan!

:) :D

 ANNABEL'S POV

I woke up the next day. But in truth I couldn’t sleep properly last night. The meeting with Dean, the words, the hurts flooded back. Remembering all these things made a tear to escape again. Why do people hate me so much? It’s not that I chose to be blind. If I had options, I would have chosen to see the world, see the blue sky and see the yellow sun, the white coat of mountains and the beautiful colors.

I have cried many times that I am blind, but I cannot blame anyone for that. Its how god made me and it’s what my fate is.

“Annabel, come on wake up! Get ready for school” Mom said loudly.

School! I didn’t want to face another day at school. I didn’t want to be a joke again. I was not in a mood to go and attend all those crap. I decided not to go school today.

“Annabel!” Mom shouted this time.

Mom, what will I say to her? What if she asks why I don’t want to go to school? Can I tell her the truth, all about Dean?

No, I cannot tell her. She may be strong, but I know she will get upset behind my back. She will not show me that she is sad, but she will be sad.  After all, a mother will always be a mother, her heart cries out when her child is in pain. I cannot let her suffer more pain because of me. I have given her a lot of pain, and I don’t want to add anymore.

“Annabel! I am coming up!” Mom shouted again

“Mom, I am awake now. No need to come up. I am going to get ready now.” I said loud enough so that she can hear me.

“Okay sweetheart, get ready quickly and come down for breakfast.” This time mom had lowered her voice.

“Okay” I replied

I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom. I didn’t need any walking stick to walk around my home. I am well aware of each and every corner of this house. It holds a lot of memories some good and some bad.

I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face. I didn’t want mom to see my horrible crying face. She will get scared and then all the questions will follow.

I went to my closet and grabbed a shirt and jeans. I can tell that it was a denim jean as I know how it smells. My mother buys all the clothes for me. I don’t really care about the fashion because I know that’s of no use if I can’t look in the mirror and appreciate myself.

My mother drives me to school. I know I am scared to face the day and to face all the people present there.

Clare was going to the dentist today for her routine checkup. So I was going to be all alone today and I hope the day gets over.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang indicating the start of the lunch hour. The most dangerous hour for me is the lunch time. I hope the lunch hour ends quickly without any trouble.  I planned to go to my favorite place, the school park or say garden.  I have known the school very well but still I use walking stick to avoid any trouble. I head to my destination. I can hear people running and talking. Some were laughing, some were shouting loudly. I feel a group of student pass by me. They were talking about some scientific thing. They must be the nerd group who is freaking intelligent. But they stop talking and I can hear them taking a breath as if they saw something that’s amusing. What thing could make the nerd group stop their hot topic and take a breath?