Chapter 2

I edited this chapter again. If still there are mistakes please point it out.

  I was sitting in the dining area with my mom; my mom is a very caring and loving person. For me, she is everything. I would say I am alive just because of her. She was always there when I needed someone. Whenever I fell down, she was there to pick me up. Whenever I cried, she wiped my tears. She was the foundation of our family.

“How was your day, sweetheart?” Mom asked me cheerfully.

“Same as always,” I replied with an uninteresting tone.

“Nothing different happened?” Mom asked curiously. 

I was not in the least bit interested to tell my mom about the Samantha issue, I didn’t want her to be upset. My mom was not a light hearted person. She was the one who gave me the strength when I broke down. But a mother is always a mother. I know she will console me but behind my back she will be upset.

 I still remember that day when I ran to my mother, cried in her arm as she cradled my body. My age would have been near about six. I hugged my mother, and didn’t stop crying. She asked me what happened, but I couldn’t speak. So she waited until I stopped crying. I told her what happened in my school. My friends denied playing with me because I was blind. 

She wiped my tears and said “They didn’t deny because you are blind, they are just afraid you may win. No matter what people say to you, always remember that you are best and special. You have the ability to win the game of life, and you are better than any other people. All these tears will make you strong enough to fight.” 

I can never forget what my mother said to me. Her word always makes me smile when I am sad and encourages me to continue the game of life.

“Annabel, I am talking to you. Where are you lost?” Mom said pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Nothing different mom”

  “But I heard something…” 

“What did you hear?” I asked surprised.

What was it that I don’t know, and she does?

“I heard that there is a party at one of your friend’s places.”

How did she know about it? Oh right! It must be Clay. She can do anything to achieve something. 

“Yes, there is and he is not my friend.”

“If he is not your friend, then why not make him? Go to the party, make some new friends…”

“Pause… Are you telling me to go to a party?”I asked shocked. 

Was it my mother? Well it’s not like my mother is very strict but it sounds unusual.

“Yes, I am. Why are you so shocked?”

“Well, I have heard parents keeping their children from parties and here you are sending me to a party.”

“You have never gone to a party so I thought you must experience it at least once and you can show people how good you are.”A smile could be heard of her voice.

“Mom, I don’t want to.” I pleaded

“Annie, you are going and that’s it. I have promised Clare that you are going, and I am not going to let you break my promise.”  It was an order, and I had to follow it. 

I changed into the dress that Clay had brought. I opened the door and stepped into my bedroom where Clay was waiting for me. 

“Wow! You look awesome. I knew this white dress would suit you.” I didn’t know what was so special.

“What’s the point of dressing up when I can’t check myself?” I felt unnecessary dressing up and doing makeovers.

“Annie you are a beautiful person. You have the looks which most of the girls would die for. I love your black silky hairs and your eyes are blue which is pretty. You are fair, tall, and you do have a lovely heart.” 

My eyes are blue, but I can’t see any color through them. I know it makes me sad sometimes, but I don’t want to express it before anyone.  

“Thank you, Clay. You are the best.”  I gave her a smile.

“I already know that. Now, let’s go. I don’t want to be late and miss all the fun.” We both chuckled and headed to our destination.

====================================

We were standing outside Drake’s house

I could hear loud music and people shouting.

“Let’s go inside.” Clay took my hand, and we marched ahead.