Liam

P.O.V. Louis

We have been here for two weeks now. Zayn was released yesterday as a patient so now only Niall and Liam have to stay here, well aside from the babies. Niall is staying here until his incision isn't infected anymore. It's been a long week of doctors visits for both Niall and Liam along with the babies. 

Thankfully the babies are thriving! They are slowly inching up in weight and are getting progressively better at breathing on their own. The doctors have started using bottles to feed them to strengthen their lungs. This has helped them a lot and they are doing well. It takes them awhile to latch onto the nipple but otherwise they are doing great. 

Liam is slowly doing better the swelling of his brain has gone down tremendously. The doctors are doing a few tests on him later today to see if they can take him off of the medicine that is keeping him in a coma. 

We are hoping for good news. Other then waiting for results on Liam we have been getting regular visits from Ralph and our parents. We hadn't told them about Niall being pregnant so they were quite surprised to find out they are grandparents now.

They took the news well and are excited about this but agreed to help us keep the babies a secret until we are comfortable announcing them to the public.  Liam's mom has been here probably the most out of all of our parents.

Hardly leaving his side other then to go to the restroom, eat, sleep, and see the babies. It's very hard for her to see her baby laying in a hospital bed nonresponsive. It's been hard on all of us. Harry and I have been taking shifts to stay with Liam while the other gets rest at a nearby hotel room (not willing to be more then five minutes away). 

Whenever one of them leaves the paparazzi tries to get a statement or fans swarm them but we have been using our security team a lot more. We haven't told the public anything other then we were all injured in an accident. We don't want to worry them about each of our individual injuries so we don't plan to acknowledge the public until at least Liam wakes up.

Then again when we acknowledge what happened we will also have to announce the babies. This whole situation is stressful. Today is the day I get to spend the night with Liam and Niall while Zayn and Harry go to the hotel room. Harry decided to go to the house earlier today too pick up the portable cribs and diapers incase the babies are able to leave here sooner then Liam.

We have been trying to focus on the positives but it takes so much energy. When I walked into Liam and Niall's room I arrive just as a nurse leaves the room. Niall beams at me his arms reaching out to hug me. I chuckle at the adorable human in front of me and kiss him soundly when I reach him.

He groans into my mouth before pulling away, "They said the infection is almost gone now." He says the smile on his face making sense now.

"That's great baby! Maybe you'll be out of here soon now!" I say to him just as happy. He nods his hands grabbing mine, playing with my fingers.

"Did the doctor's say anything about Liam?" He asks his mood dampening a little. I shake my head.

"No they haven't told me anything yet." I look over to the vacant space Liam was in. They took him earlier this morning for some tests and scans but we haven't heard anything since. Niall looks a little sad at my lack of information but knows we will find out what's happening soon enough.

It's then that a nurse comes bringing two cribs with her. I immediately help her bringing the cribs next to Niall's bed. I hand Niall Olivia while I hold Diana. I cannot get over the feeling of holding these babies.

***

P.O.V. Harry

Zayn and I just arrived at the hotel with the portable cribs. It was a hassle bringing the cribs here undetected but we managed. Now I am sitting here on the floor of our hotel room as Zayn lays down. 

The doctors told us that Zayn might have headaches for the next few weeks but it shouldn't be too bad. I decided to start putting these cribs together with hopes that the babies will leave the hospital soon enough. 

I'm looking down at the instructions and all I see is words mashed together. "This cannot be English. How does this go in here?" I mutter to myself bringing parts together that definitely do not fit together.

Zayn chuckles at me looking at me from where he lays. His amusement at my inability to put a crib together causes me to smile. It's nice hearing him laugh. None of us have been laughing lately. "Baby, are you sure your reading the right side of the instructions?" He asks. 

I look down at the paper in front of me and realize I'm reading the instructions in Spanish. I physically face palm rubbing my hands across my face. "Your a genius babe! How are you feeling?" I ask him as I switch to the correct page.

"I'm feeling ok, just a little tired. Hopefully we will get news on Niall, Liam, and the babies today!" He says getting up from the bed before placing himself next to me. His head leans against my shoulder as I read the instructions. 

"I hope so too babe, I hope so too." I say kissing his head as I slowly put pieces together. "I really hope we can all go home soon."

He nods against me watching what I'm doing. He offers to help me but I'm determined to put these cribs together on my own.

***

I'm sweating and not the good kind of sweating! I just finished assembling both portable cribs and it only took me...three hours. God I took so long putting those things together. Zayn tried to help me but we both did not know how to build these contraptions! Whoever invented the crib really wanted to make life difficult.

I decide to take a shower while Zayn calls Louis for an update. I'm in and out of the shower pretty quickly. Walking out of the bathroom with just a towel around my waist, Zayn still on the phone. 

His eyes follow me as I go across the room to the suitcase of clothes pulling out sweats and a jumper. I feel his eyes on me as I pull on my clothes (yes I decided to go commando) and I can't help but chuckle a little at him. 

I go sit next to him and pretend to be oblivious to the erection he is sporting as he continues talking to Louis. We are told that Niall has almost recovered from the infection and that the babies are doing better when we hear Louis scream.

The phone clicked as he hung up.