Setting off (DTH)

I really love this chapter :)

Vote,

Share,

Comment,

Enjoy!

Down the hall.

Chapter Thirteen.

Setting off.

Day Sixty-One.

 Alex ignored him for three days but it also took him three days to go up to his room.

Leighton knocked slowly and shortly but the door eventually creaked open revealing a slightly hesitant Alex peeking out the door.

“Hey, can I come in?” Leighton asked softly and Alex opened the door wider revealing his paint splattered floors covered with crumpled up sketches and paint cans and brushes.

Alex pushed the grey and blue quilts out of the way and nearly on the floor and patted a spot next to him on the bed.

“I’m sorry about avoiding you” Alex mumbled, gripping the sheets tightly.

“That’s actually what I came to talk to you about… I feel like I’ve been a bit too hard on you” Leighton explained sheepishly.

“I think we need to set some rules because how are you supposed to know you’re breaking them if you don’t know what they are?” Leighton sighed.

“I’m sorry I’ve been such a bad parent? Or friend, I don’t know, but I’ve been totally unfair to you and you deserve better, so I thought we could set up the rules now? If you’re not busy” Leighton smiled as the boy gaped at him in shock.

“I-I’m not” Alex stuttered slightly in shock.