Down the hall.

• Dedicated to Almost been a year since ANWD

Leighton's story! :)

This isn't the main story but it has things to do with the main story so I suggest you read it but you don't have to :)

Also important authors note at the end.

 Down the hall.

  Chapter Four.

Leighton's P.o.v.

 It was a busy day in the streets of London with people rushing inside to get away from the fresh rain drops that he let cover him, Children laughing and struggling to get away from their mothers tight hold so they could play in the rain even if it meant they would catch a cold later.

Everything was so in the moment here, something he wasn't used to at his calm medium-sized apartment, It was so quiet where he lived mostly cause of the cold, Sometimes so quiet that all you could hear was the snow hitting his windows as he made coffee in the early light of the morning.

 "Alex         ! Get back here you-! You little bugger!" A woman stuttered angrily, He paid no attention to it and continued walking.

Until something, or rather someone ran into him causing him to stumble, but he quickly caught himself and the younger boy that had stumbled into him.

"Alex! Sir I am so sorry! Alex apologize, now!" A woman in her late thirties barked at the younger boy who had the most gorgeous deep gold locks.

"Sorry sir" The boy apologized very quietly, his voice rough yet soft.

"It's alright... Alex" Leighton smiled, and the boy scowled.

"Sir, you're soaking wet, How about you come inside and dry your clothes and I can make you some tea?" The woman offered sweetly, and He smiled brightly.

"If you insist..." Leighton trailed off.

"Of course!" She said brightly, and started leading the way back to a small building that had a sign above that made Leighton shudder.

'London Orphanage' was written above in faded navy blue letters.

"Miss... If your too busy then maybe I should just head home" Leighton winced as he looked around at all the children in the small area, there had to be at least fifteen of them, all of them very young.

"Nonsense it's the least I can do" She smiled, handing him a towel a robe and lead the way to a cramped bathroom.

"By the way... My name is Leighton" He smiled softly at her and Alex who had followed them with a frown.

"Melony Stonewall" She smiled back and Leighton shook her hand.

"Alex, When Mister Leighton gets out of the loo please show him to the kitchen" Miss Stonewall ordered the boy, and Alex frowned.

"Of course miss" He said politely, and Leighton noticed a French accent in his voice.

 Leighton walked into the 'Loo' and quickly stripped out of his clothes and dried himself off with the towel before putting on the too white robe that was actually rather fluffy and soft.

"So where do you come from... You don't sound like us" He heard a French voice say from the other side of the door.

"Romania... But I come here often for... business" Leighton said lightly, opened the door to reveal Alex leaning against the wall.

"My parents were from Romania..." He frowned gloomily, and kicked off the wall.

"What happened to them?" He asked stupidly, but quickly started muttering apologies at his rudeness.