Chapter 10: Agree To Disagree

My head was pounding like there was a tiny child sitting inside going all wild with his first drum set. I threw the comforter off angrily as I peeled myself off the bed. There's no hope, I'm not going to get any sleep. Sniffling, I tried to clear out my clogged nasal passages and rubbed at my swollen dry eyes. Damn you Tristan for making me cry.

Glancing at the clock I noticed it read seven o'clock, may as well do something constructive with my time instead of laying in bed feeling sorry for myself. I'm sure Rico's up already dealing with his Alpha duties. Maybe I can go talk to him and see if he needs any help.

Taking a quick shower, I used some concealer to try and cover up the puffy bags under my eyes. This is the first serious fight Tristan and I have been in, guess it was bound to happen sooner or later right? I prayed silently to myself that he wasn't sprawled across the doorway asleep, it's still too early to face him.

Was it my fault for allowing Marco to hug me even though it was an innocent hug? I know it's really difficult for Tristan to see me so touchy-feely with other guys since he's my mate, but I truly can't help the fact that I'm such a loveable person.

All right, maybe I'm just being a real bitch here. I mean look at how I reacted to that girl in the club practically mauling him! I can't even begin to imagine what Tristan felt when I defended the person who tried to take me away from him....ok I'm being a brat, I admit it alright?

I should've known better then to add fuel to the already out of control fire burning deep within Tristan. I'm surprised he didn't shift and kill the both of us! Got to give it to my baby for having full control over his wolf, he's gonna make one hell of an Alpha.

'Rico, you up?' I thought trying to summon my brother for help.

'Yea Lise, what's up? You ok?' His tone was one of concern, which means he was well aware of the events that went down early this morning. Thankfully he's not one to rub things in or pry into my business. Rico's just there for me as my rock, to listen and offer advice when asked.

'Is he outside the door?' I asked in embarrassment, knowing if I attempted to open the door a crack and Tristan was out there...I'd have to face him. Something I'm not emotionally ready to do, at least not right at this minute.

'I sent him to the guest room around six to get some sleep. He looked exhausted.' Rico's answer caused me to feel extremely guilty for locking Tristan outside the room after such an intense night of battle. Wow, such a great mate I am, huh?
'Thanks. Where are you, can I come help?' I offered, unlocking the door and tugging it open a tiny slit. I used my one eye to peep out the crack for any signs of Tristan.

'I'm in the kitchen making breakfast, come cook. I mean help me cook.' Rico chuckled.

Satisfied that the coast was clear I made my way downstairs to the kitchen where Rico had all the ingredients laid out on the counter, but he stood there sipping on a glass of orange juice. "Hey you're just in time." Rico joked giving me a hug, though his eyes stared at me with a knowing look. The look of, I know you haven't slept and cried all night.

Being the great sister that I am, I got busy cooking breakfast for the pack. I decided I'd swallow my pride and beg Tristan for forgiveness. No, he shouldn't have said the things he did to me but it was out of jealous rage and yes I planned on making him feel really guilty for it, trust me.

Within fifteen minutes of cooking, I suppose the aroma of the sausage, bacon, eggs, and pancakes I had going on the stove wafted upstairs waking all the guys up. Soon the entire kitchen was filled with people coming to get their grub on.

"I see you took heed to my threat and made it home in one piece." Anya's voice caused me to jump as she appeared beside me out of nowhere. "I heard you got tricked into cooking breakfast and I've come to help." She grinned, but that grin soon turned into a frown as Anya got a good look at my face.