Chapter 12: Birthday With A Bang

Dropping my cluster of shopping bags on the floor, I threw myself face forwards on my bed with my arms sprawled out in exhaustion. I loved my best friend almost as much if not equally to Tristan, but I could strangle her for the torturous six hour shopping expedition she decided we should venture out on.

Who in the right freaking mind shops nonstop for six hours straight? After the first two hours I was ready to fall over and collapse. I had to practically beg Anya to stop for lunch, as I began getting the shakes from low blood sugar since she made me skip breakfast.

"Think he'll buy the excuse you told him?" Anya's voice came from my left as I felt the mattress dip a bit from her taking a seat next to me. Turning my face to the side, I looked up at her tiredly. After shopping with Anya, I still had to spend two hours getting Tristan's gift.

I finally thought of what I wanted to get the guy who had everything he could possibly want. Bet you thought I was gonna tell you guys what I got him huh? Hehe, of course I'm not telling you, it's a surprise. You guys will know when Tristan does.

"I hope so." I answered breathing out a sigh. "I thought I sounded pretty convincing when I told him Mom and Dad wanted me to sleep at home tonight to spend some time with them." Not wanting Tristan to come anywhere remotely close to his gift, I used the excuse telling him my parents said they wanted to spend one last night with me before turning me over to Tristan forever to be Luna of the pack.

He agreed somewhat reluctantly, which urged me to make him promise to not try and sneak into my window tonight. Just to be sure, I got up from the bed and walked over to the closed window flicking it to lock. There's no way he's ruining this surprise, I'm looking forward to seeing his expression. Hopefully it'll be a good one.

Gee, one would think I was getting married tomorrow or something with the whole not seeing the bride before the wedding thing. "You really think he'll like it?" I asked Anya searching her face for any sign of dishonesty.

Her eyes lit up and a smile tugged at her lips. "I know he'll love it." Anya winked with a smirk. "I'm thinking of getting Luke the same thing for his birthday, just you watch." She said with a wiggle of her eyebrows. My Mom's voice carried to my room from the kitchen shouting out that it was dinner time.

Lying in bed, I stared up at the ceiling unable to sleep. Anya was in a deep comatose state next to me. She obviously didn't have any trouble dozing off without Luke. I on the other hand didn't catch a wink of shuteye, I missed Tristan too damn much.

I can't even begin to tell you how badly I wanted to get up and sneak over to Tristan's just to be the first to wish him a happy birthday, but I decided against it fighting between my mind and body. Eventually my mind won staying put in bed, I decided to text him instead. I wonder if he's still awake.

Me: Happy birthday baby, I love u! <3 xoxo

Tristan: Thanx beautiful, I love u more! <3 Why are u awake?

Me: Couldn't sleep w/out you.

Tristan: Come over.

Biting down on my bottom lip, I stared at the last text message for what seemed like an eternity. Did I want to go over? I mean technically it's already his birthday, so it wouldn't hurt to give him part of his give now, would it?

Discreetly sliding my way off the bed, I threw on a hoodie and my slippers before tiptoeing out of the room as quietly as possible. Upon pulling open the front door, I jumped and opened my mouth getting reading to let loose a scream of terror. Before the scream could escape a hand cupped over my mouth silencing me.

"Shh, I'm sorry for scaring you. I didn't want you walking over by yourself in the dark." Tristan whispered pulling me out onto the porch and shutting the door. He looked way too sexy for his own good standing there in a black tee and blue basketball shorts.