Chapter 6: Vision (Picture of Rico)

Hi hunnies! Sorry for the delay...watch out for the POV changes. Have to give a big thank you to an amazing friend heartrose for her great ideas and help with this chapter. I wrote this chapter a bit differently, hope you like. Thank you all for being so supportive and wonderful!! xoxo

___________________________________________________________________________

Lise's POV

Four...it's been four entire days and still no one has come to rescue me. Not Tristan, Rico, Lonso, nor my Father. My sense of hope was dwindling with each passing day. The thought of being able to escape on my own was diminishing with each syringe of black ice Marco pulled out from the nightstand drawer.

I was beginning to doubt that Tristan heard me as I lay in the same damned bed I've been confined to for the past ninety-six hours. Five thousand seven hundred and sixty minutes of my life that I've missed out on and will never get back.

The only reason I knew it was four days was because I was smart enough to etch a line into the wooden headboard of the bed with my fingernail each time the black ice started to wear off. My mind was still in a haze, being shot up with a syringe each time Marco noticed I was more coherent during our conversations...which consisted of talking about nonsense by the way.

Majority of the time Marco spent telling me all the wonderful things he had planned for himself and Mia that he never got to see through. I guess Marco was scared if he didn't inject me with more black ice I'd either mindlink the guys for help or try and shift to escape. I had to give him credit for his kidnapping techniques, he was on point.

I faintly recalled hearing Maria screaming at Marco the other day while he stepped outside the room to talk to her. Something along the lines of council searching for her, for sure my Dad knew something was up if she didn't return home? Supposedly she's been hiding out here the entire time.

As I drifted in a haze between consciousness and sleep, a voice called out to me. One I didn't recognize, yet it seemed so familiar in a way. 'Who's there?' I asked out loud, unsure whether I was dreaming or if this was real life.

A foggy vision of what I can only describe as an older version of me with dark brown hair and brown eyes appeared, what I recognized to be Mia. Holy crap I really hope I'm dreaming, I'll even settle for hallucinations over seeing a ghost!

'Analia.' Mia's angelic spirit lingered next to the bed with a smile. She was there to be friendly, not to scare the life out of me. Thank goodness! I think I may have possibly wet the bed, but I can't really tell cuz I still don't know if I'm dreaming or awake!

'I'm sorry we never had the chance to meet, but everything happens for a reason. If I didn't die, you would've never gotten to know the truth. You need to be strong little sister, pretend the drugs haven't worn off to buy some time to gain your strength back.' Mia advised as she stared down at me with a worried expression. Why the hell didn't I come up with that idea to begin with?

'Marco isn't a bad person, he just trusts in his mother too much. She's evil and that's why I left so she wouldn't hurt our brothers or father. It's up to you to reform him...save him...tell him...tell him I forgive him.' Mia's voice drifted off and her presence disappeared as I heard a jiggling of the doorknob. I didn't even get the chance to say anything in response.

Opening my eyes into tiny slits I watched the door carefully to see who it was that was entering. It seems Marco's been leaving the room while I sleep, no doubt to handle pack business. Maybe I can fake sleep for a few more hours allowing me to gain some of my strength back. Hopefully enough to contact Tristan or my brothers.

Once I caught a glimpse of Marco's outline entering the room I shut my eyes and feigned like I was still peacefully asleep. Trying the best I could to keep my breathing as evenly as possible. I prayed that I haven't been snoring, because it'd be a dead giveaway if I wasn't snoring at the current moment!