Chapter 16: Thomaston

"Yes I promise you that we'll be there with bells on. We wouldn't miss your birthday and announcement as Alpha. No, I don't think Tristan would think it's funny if you declare me as your Luna. Seriously, don't do that. He'll probably shift and attack you if you do..."

With the phone pinched in between my shoulder and my ear, I was trying my best hand at multi-tasking but it didn't seem to be going too well. "Listen Troy, I have to go I'm a little busy cooking. I'll give you a call tomorrow ok? Love ya...bye."

Troy called to remind me that tomorrow is his birthday and announcement as Alpha of his pack. Like we would miss this for the world, he's my brother from another mother. The transition of taking on our duties as Alpha and Luna has been successful. Tristan and I have been able to work out time for us as well as devote all our needed attention to our pack.

"Who else has my Luna's love?" Tristan whispered close to my ear causing me to jump in fright. "Ahhhh." I screamed holding up the rubber spatula like a weapon. He scared the crap out of me so bad, I dropped my phone into the bowl of mashed potatoes I was whisking away at frantically. Whipping my head to the side I glared at him with narrowed eyes.

Anya instantly began cracking up mid gulp of her glass of ice tea, spewing it out of her mouth. She was laughing so hard some of it began trickling out of her nose. "Th...the l-look of f-fear on your face was priceless." She gasped out in between breaths. "How much damage did you plan on inflicting with that rubber spatula?"

With a raucous chuckle, Tristan bit down guiltily on his bottom lip giving me an innocent wide eyed look. He leaned down and pecked me on the cheek before reaching over my shoulder and plucking my phone out of the bowl. Cringing slightly, Tristan announced. "Uhh, looks like it might be time for a new phone, if I can't get all this gunk out of it."

"Ya think?" I asked sarcastically a little angry that my entire Iphone was covered in potatoes. Letting out a frustrated sigh, I wondered why people get enjoyment out of sneaking up on others? "And you, no thanks for the warning!" I pointed at Anya with said rubber spatula.

Anya just shrugged her shoulders and went back to spraying down the cookie sheets so she could place the biscuits and croissants on them for baking. "What? It was a good laugh." She smirked before going back to her task at hand. From the corner of my eye I could see Luke putting his index finger to his lips indicating he planned on scaring Anya, ha payback's is a bitch!

As Anya went to peel the wrapper off the pillsbury biscuits canister...I forgot to warn her that when the wrapper is peeled off, it lets off a huge popping noise as if a gunshot went off. That noise in combination with Luke grabbing her from behind at the same exact moment was hilarious as Anya let out a scream fit for a horror movie. Ha, karma works wonders.

"That was Troy he was calling to remind us about the party tomorrow." I turned around to face Tristan. Staring up into his hazy eyes, I decided to answer his initial question before getting sidetracked with the shenanigans. "Mom and dad said they'll watch over the pack while we all go." This caused Tristan to grin, he loved the fact that I stared calling his parents, mom and dad. Why not, we're practically married already anyway.

Dinner was chaotic as usual, having a house full of hungry wolves was never a good thing. "I'm running patrols with Luke tonight so I won't be home until late." Tristan said pulling me into an embrace as I tried to clean up the dining room table. He kissed the top of my forehead and gave me an award winning smile. "Don't wait up for me ok?"

Who was he fooling, he knows I can't sleep without him. With a roll of my eyes, I stood on my tippy-toes and leaned up to brush my lips against his. "I'll be patiently waiting until you get home. Besides Anya and I planned on having a movie night with the girls anyway."