Chapter 2: Run In (Picture of Tristan)

"Lise baby, what's wrong?" Tristan's concerned voice broke me out of my stupor as he shook me gently on the shoulders. I looked around realizing everyone in the room was staring at me with worry. How long was I in a trance for? When the heck did Tristan move in front of me without me even noticing?

Taking a deep breath, I nodded my head quickly offering a small smile. "Yea, sorry. Guess I'm just still really tired...jet lag maybe?" I suggested in hopes that they'd believe my lie. I didn't want them knowing I was worried about Marco and his ulterior motives. Something didn't seem right and it wasn't sitting too well with me.

If Tristan had the slightest inkling that I was afraid of Marco kidnapping me, his worrywart ass would have us on the first plane back to Port Clyde! Not wanting to put a damper on anyone's summer vacation, I figured the best thing to do would be suck it up and act as though nothing was bothering me.

Besides, I'm pretty sure my brothers and Dad have this all under control. They wouldn't allow anything to happen to me. Neither would Tristan or Luke for that matter. I planned on enjoying the last possible summer of fun I'd be having before we'd have to return to Port Clyde and commit to our obligations.

Just the thought of all the upcoming responsibilities had me feeling anxious. I wasn't afraid of having to fulfill my duties as Luna, I knew I'd be able to complete them with no questions asked. What worried me was, would I be able to amount to even half the Luna Tristan's Mom is currently? Those were some big heels to fill as she set the bar high above the typical Luna standards!

"You look a little tense." Alonso commented as he stood beside me examining my body language. "I could go for a run. Need to get out all my frustration, wanna come?" He asked with raised eyebrows. A run sounded like a pretty good idea right about now. I needed to get my mind off things and try to enjoy our time here.

"Sounds like a great idea." I answered glancing up at my brother with an appreciative smile. Sometimes Alonso seemed to understand my own feelings better then I did. "You gonna come with us?" I asked turning my head towards Tristan.

Tristan's eyes twinkled with humor as he looked at me like I just asked the dumbest question in the world. "Of course." He smirked raising an eyebrow at me. Of course he wouldn't let me go off for a run into unfamiliar woods by myself...even if it was with my brothers...how silly of me!

The pitter-patter of my paws against the soft grass echoed in my ears as my eyes scanned the serenity of the forrest surrounding the pack house. It's been almost a week since we've shifted and my wolf was itching to frolick around. Luke stayed back at the pack house with Anya and my Dad.

It's ashame she's not a wolf, we'd have so much fun running around like nuts together. 'I wonder if she feels left out?' I thought to myself and made a mental note to discuss it with my best friend as soon as I returned.

Perking my ears up in hopes of hearing any sound I could, giving me a clue as to where these suckers were hiding at...I was only greeted by the tranquil sounds of rushing water and a few birds chirping. I was in the vast forrest behind the pack house with Tristan, Rico, Alonso, Juan, and Carlos.

We've been out here for about an hour, initially we just ran around allowing me to release my stress. Then Alonso suggested we play a game of hide and seek...I know real mature of us, but at the time it sounded fun. Can't blame us for wanting to have fun, right?

I was having a blast up until the point I was found first by Juan causing me to become the seeker! Blah it always sucks having to be the one to find everyone! These damn guys are good at hiding, I've been wandering around aimlessly for the past ten minutes with no luck!

Knowing these guys they probably climbed up the freaking trees or something. Or they could have gotten hungry and went back to the house to eat, thinking 'ahh what the hell, she'll still be looking for us until we get back!'