Chapter 23: The Beginning

Lise's POV

After helping Juan settle into his new duty as Alpha, we returned home from Spain refreshed. Instantly I was thrust into a whirlwind of activity all centered around the last minute tying up of loose ends before the wedding. I had to give Mom and Mrs. Evans all the credit, without them this wedding probably wouldn't be taking place.

They practically planned the whole thing, making sure everything was perfect ranging from the flowers and decorations down to the meal we decided to serve. Of course they asked for my input, making sure I approved. All I was really in charge of were the dresses and showing up!

Everyone in the room bustled around busily, small conversations could be heard amongst all in the room. As for me, I was sitting as still as I possibly could, allowing myself to daydream of how stunningly handsome Tristan will look. My mind raced in all types of directions as I completed my mental checklist. I wanted this day to be as perfect as could be.

Something old was the veil, my birth mother's veil that Daddy Perez gave to me before we left Spain to return home for the wedding. He said Mom would've wanted me to have it, it was the same veil she wore for her wedding. Something new would be the white satin garter currently wrapped around my thigh waiting patiently for Tristan to remove later.

Something borrowed...the stunning two carat ruby earrings in my ears. Complimentary of Mommy Foster, a tenth wedding anniversary gift from Daddy Foster. Gee, I'm beginning to confuse myself trying to keep my two sets of parents straight.

"Open your eyes." Anya announced as my make up artist put on her finishing touches. Anya just got done putting on my veil, her voice wavered a bit which caused me to glance over at my best friend briefly. She was positively glowing. A small barely noticeable pouch protruding from the front of her dress.

Mrs. Evans, my Mom, and my bridesmaids Darla, Nicole, Kalista, Brianna, and Sophia stood there behind Anya staring at me proudly. They were all staring at me with star struck eyes. Why are they looking at me that way? It's just me.

Anya's eyes were filled to the brim with tears as Anya waved her hand in front of her face as to hold back from crying. "What's wrong? Are you feeling ok?" I asked full of concern. Her response was a quick nod yes, before she jerked her head pointedly at the mirror in front of me.

"Don't mind me, my hormones are out of whack from the pregnancy." She responded with a smile. "That and the fact that my best friend looks like a beautiful princess on one of the most important days of her life." Turning to look at myself in the mirror, I gasped at the reflection of golden lined hazel eyes staring back at me.

Indeed I truly did look and feel like a princess as I allowed the corners of my glossy lips to tug up into a huge grin. My hair was left down and cascaded down my back in huge blond ringlets and flawless was the only way to describe my makeup. My dress fit snug up top flowing out into a long train behind me. The corset I donned underneath my dress made my cleavage look outstanding.

"Whoa, you girls look amazing!" Luke's voice cried out as he stepped into the room. Anya rushed to his side smacking him on the arm relentlessly with the palms of her hand. I'm pretty sure her flimsy hits weren't doing any form of physical damage.

"What're you doing in here?" She all but growled at him. "I swear Tristan better not be here, it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding!" Anya screamed towards the closed door.

Holding his hands up in a 'I surrender' gesture, Luke grabbed a hold of Anya's arms and tugged her to his side. "Hey don't shoot the messenger!" He whined handing me a box with a pink bow on top. "Tristan insisted you needed this, plus I needed to check up on my two babies." Luke admitted the last part pitifully as he rubbed Anya's belly lovingly.