Chapter 21: Love Conquers All

Lise's POV

Leaning my head back against the chair cushion, I mindlessly gazed out the window at the dark night sky. As we pulled off the runway, there was only one thing on my mind...Tristan. My heart ached at the distance I was putting between us, but it's not done without reason. That whole incident back at the restaurant made me realize quite a few things, you could call it a reality check.

I truly don't know the first thing about being a supportive Luna. Seems like I go against Tristan more than I was aware of. It opened my eyes to some issues I needed to work out within myself. Sure, at first I was angry at Tristan for embarrassing me in front of everyone, but the more time I spent thinking about it the more I realized his reaction was justified. I would've probably shifted and killed the girl if the roles were reversed, I mean I almost clawed Darla's eyes out when she was simply talking to Tristan.

I just needed some space, time away to resolve my inner faults before allowing myself to cause more trouble for Tristan. He already has enough on his plate being Alpha without me adding to his stress. As his mate, I'm supposed to be around to support him, instead I just aggravate him, I'm more grief than I'm worth.

Deep down inside I knew Tristan had a good reason for warning me to stay away from Danny. I just wished I had listened or that he trusted me enough to confide in me. We lack communication sometimes, we'll definitely need to work on that. Tristan feels the less I know the better, he doesn't want me to worry too much. What he doesn't realize is not knowing causes me even more stress, because I'm forced to come up with my own theories.

My mind began filling with all the memories of the times I've gotten angry at him for little things. All Tristan has ever done was worry about my safety, I couldn't possibly ask for a better mate. He's fought battles just to keep me by his side, too bad I can't say I've done the same for him. I'm a spoiled rotten princess and an unworthy mate.

I wondered if he was thinking about me? "How are you holding up?" Rico asked coming to sit down in the seat next to me once we were up in the air safely. Turning my head, I faced my brother with a meek smile. "I'll be ok." I answered, my voice sounding much stronger than I felt. I was unsure if I was trying to convince him or myself with that response.

"You should at least tell him why you're leaving." Alonso spoke up from the seat across from me, my Dad seated to the left of him. I just simply nodded my head and drifted back into thought. I love my Dad and brothers for not pushing the issue any further, they allow me to make my own mistakes and learn from them. At my request they've been ignoring Tristan's calls, I know it's hard for my brother's since they're all so close.
After storming out the restaurant, I headed straight to my car. When I returned home from Rustica with Anya and Nicole, I found that my Dad and brother's were just on their way out the door to meet us there. They stayed behind to take make a few calls in order to handle some pack issues back at home.

Luckily, they were still there. Upon seeing my red puffy eyes my brothers were out for blood, until I explained the situation was completely my fault. Sometimes I'm just too trusting and too naive to believe that the world does consist of bad people. You'd think I would've at least learned my lesson by now...guess not. "Why don't you go lay down, try and get some rest mi princesa. You've had a rough night." My Father spoke up giving me a wink.

It was his way of allowing me to be alone. I was so grateful for his understanding nature. Nodding my head, I unbuckled my seatbelt and made my way to the bedroom. Shutting the door behind me, I curled up under the covers and cried as the feeling of guilt consuming me whole ate away at me. I hope Tristan can find it in his heart to forgive me, was my last thought before drifting asleep.

I was running through the woods in human form as fast as my legs could possibly carry me. Tristan was in some sort of danger, I could just sense it as the eerie chills crept up my spine. As I came to the clearing behind the pack house my eyes widened in shock at the sight before me. A gray wolf significantly smaller than Tristan's black one, had him pinned to the ground ready to rip Tristan's throat out. "No!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, the last thing I saw was Tristan's sad gray eyes...the eyes I loved losing myself in...come to a close.