Chapter Thirty One

Louis POV

It's been three days.

Three days since I last spoke with Harry. He's pissed, and I know it. I haven't even tried to get ahold of him, because I know he'll only ignore my calls or texts.

Since it's summer, I don't have work to distract me. That means that all day, I've been slugging around the house, not energized, having to occupy Kaster. I talked to Eleanor about it all, and she offered to help out watching Kaster, which I really appreciated.

It is currently eleven thirty in the morning, and I am still lying down in bed. Kaster is laying next to me, drawing in her coloring book. "That's pretty!" I point out to her, rolling onto my side to get a better look at her. I watch as she squints her eyes, and sticks her tongue out in concentration.

"Tanks daddy," she laughs, before pouncing on top of me. She spreads her limbs all over my body, looking like a starfish.

"Daddy?" She asks, messing with the top of my t-shirt. I rub circles into her back, and hum in response.

"Where's Harreh?" She whispers.

I choke on my own breath, "Harry is having a little break! I think he deserves one, don't you?" I ask, wearing a fake smile.

She nods her head, "He does. Harreh is tired from being a hero," she explains. I furrow my eyebrows, "Is Harry your hero?" I ask with a smile. I knew she loved Harry a lot, but I never realized how much she truly looked up to him.

"Yes and no. You my hero, and Harreh! But Harreh is lots of girls heroes," she says, and I think I understand where she is coming from. "Harry is a hero for lots of people, yeah?" I ask. Kaster nods her head into my chest, "Uh huh, I have to share," she says. I chuckle, "Yea, but he's all yours, trust me. Why don't we make ourselves some breakfast? Or lunch, it's close to the afternoon." I say, practically talking to myself.

Kaster hops off of my chest, and runs off to god knows where, "Wait!" I laugh, jumping off of the bed to follow. I run into the living room, and see her standing in the corner.

"What are you doing," I ask, slowly making my way towards her. She says nothing in response, and only stays put. I continue walking towards her, and once I'm close enough, I reach out to pull her into a giant bear hug, but she bolts in the other direction to the kitchen. "Kaaaaasteeeerrrrr!" I drag out, and all I get in response is a bunch of giggles.

"That's a shame. I was planning on making us some chocolate chip pancakes, but since you can't keep still, I'll make us a broccoli smoothie instead," I say, shrugging it off as if it were nothing, knowing that I have won this battle. "Noooooooooo!" Kaster shouts out, while running towards me, and grabbing onto my leg, "Please, daddy! I can help make pancakes! I not like broccoli!" She begs, tugging onto my shorts.

I roll my eyes exaggeratedly, "Fine," I say, bending down to pick her up. "Only if you help," I say, pointing my finger at Kaster. She rapidly nods her head, "Yes! Yes, I can help!"

I walk us over to the kitchen, and turn on the stove first, so that it will be all heated and ready by the time that the batter has been mixed.

After ten minutes of cooking and flipping pancakes, Kaster and I make our way over to the coffee table, and dig into our "meal". I reach over the coffee table to grab the TV remote, "Whatcha wanna watch?" I ask, pointing to the Telly with the remote. "Ummmmm, Disney!" She shouts. I nod my head, and change the TV station.

We have been watching TV for about twenty minutes, until we are interrupted by the sound of a knock on the front door. "Be right back, stay here," I say, placing a kiss to her head before leaving the living room.

I open the door, and to say that I am surprised to see who is standing in front of me would be an understatement.

"Niall? What are you doing here? Not that your aren't allowed to stop by, you're always welcome! Just surprised to see you, is all," I explain, probably talking longer than I should've.

"Jesus Christ, Louis, you made that a lot longer than it needed to be," he laughs, patting my shoulder, and walking into the flat, shutting the door behind him. "Listen, I wanted to talk to you. Yeah, I could've called, but I haven't seen ya in a while, and I think this conversation should be in person," he explains. I nod my head, and lead us into the living room.

"Hey, Kaster? Why don't you say 'hi' to Niall, and then head off to your room for a little bit? We have to have an adult conversation," I say, trying hard to make it sound like Kaster wouldn't be interested in anything that Niall and I will be talking about.

"Uncle Ni!" She yells, running towards him with open arms. "Hey little one!" He says in excitement, opening his arms in return. They talk for a few moments, but finally come to a conclusion in their conversation, "We'll talk later, but I have to chat with your dad," Niall laughs, patting Kaster on the back.

Once she's finally out of the room, Niall turns to look at me, "Listen, I have so much respect for you, Lou. I always have. From the first time that Harry introduced you to me, I could tell that you held a special place in his heart. I also could tell that you and I would get along really well, and become the best of mates." He smiles, and I return the gesture.

"Louis, Harry loves you so much, so when he came knocking on my door three nights ago, crying because he's worried he's going to loose you, I hurt for him. He hasn't been the same since then. He won't talk to anyone, and has just locked himself in his room. So, if you don't mind me asking, what happened between the two of you?" Niall asks concerned.

"I'm sure you're aware of Harry, and him wanting to come out soon?" I ask, and Niall nods his head. I twiddle with my fingers for a few moments, and then continue, "Well, I'm scared. Scared that Harry and I might not work out, and everyone will be curious about Kaster and my life after Harry. Worried that I will be to blame if One Direction breaks up after he comes out. Afraid that his fans won't approve of me dating their role model, and that I'm not good enough for Harry. I'm already aware that I'm not," I say the last part to myself.

Niall remains quiet for a long time. A minute passes, and he finally takes a deep breath in, and speaks up, "Lou, I know how much Harry admires, and loves you. I can see it every time he hears your name being mentioned. I see it every time he locks eyes with you. He loves you, for you. He doesn't care what anyone thinks, because he knows that you're the one he wants to spend every minute of everyday with." He takes a deep breath in, and continues, "Now, I know Harry would be willing to wait. He'd be willing to do anything for, if it meant being with you. But, is that fair? Having to pretend in front of the whole world that you're someone you're not? Just so that your boyfriend is happy? No, it's not," he explains sympathetically.

I can feel tears rimming around my eyes, "I know," I say, not able to look him in the eyes. "You're right, I'm a coward, and am afraid of what everyone thinks of me, when all I should care about is what my boyfriend thinks of me," I laugh.

Niall smiles, and then pats my knee before standing up, "I think you know what you need to do," and with that, he walks to the door, "Tell Kaster that I'll see her soon, and that she can call 'Uncle Ni' anytime she wants," he smiles, and then walks out the door.

I smile to myself, and then walk in the kitchen to grab my phone. I type in the phone number that I know all too well, and wait for the familiar voice to finally answer.

"Hello?"

Holy crap this took forever to update! I'm so sorry, I had absolutely NO time for this chapter, so it may be a little short, or sloppy. The next chapters will be longer I PROMISE!

I hope you enjoyed this update (:

Much love, Lauren x