Chapter Three

:Edited 3/12/16

Eli

I walk to the stage and was overcome with a sweet scent. It was a mixture of strawberries and almost yet not quite a chocolate scent. It was mouth watering. My wolf, Xavier stirs excitedly. Mate! Our mate is here! I push him back and give my speech. I found it difficult because I kept getting the whiff of my mate and couldn't pin point where she was in the crowd as I scanned it.

I seen many beautiful she wolves but none stick out. I walk around and socialize with my new pack. Several females made their appearance known and tried to make my welcome, well more welcoming. But I decline, continuing my rounds. After I finish I sniffed, finally catching the scent of my mate again and began following that intoxicating scent into the woods. Clearing the tree's I see a woman standing alone and Xavier pushes forward. "Mate!" He growls.

I can see the shiver run threw her and she turns around looking at us, I can tell her wolf was up front when she replied "mate!" But I was instantly hit with disappointment. I pushed my wolf back.

"U-umm..." she stuttered but I cut me off.

"What is your name?" I ask rather coldly.

I see her flinch, and feel a bit of regret for my tone but push that regret away. "K-Kelsey Hendricks.." she says to me.

I shake my head, "I can't believe this! I wait all this time for a mate and I get what... this?" I gestures to her and that nagging feeling returns when I see her eyes water. But I can tell she is an Omega. The lowest in the pack. I'm an Alpha! "Your scrawny and ugly and....you can't.. I can't allow an Omega to be my mate!" I says with disgust and revolution.

My wolf snarls You lie!! Your hurting our mate!!! "P-please... I-I... We're mates" She says, her voice cracking and laced with pain.

I look at her pleading eyes, their a strikingly blue color. Rare to see in that shade... I shake my head as my thoughts jumble.

"No. Your weak. I am Alpha I can not have a weak Luna." I state and I swear I can see her heart break.

Take it back! You bastard! She is our mate! Our ONLY mate!! Xavier screamed at me and I blocked him out.

"I, Eli Collins reject you, Kelsey Hendricks as my mate and Luna." I felt a slight pain in my chest after I completed.

I watch her clutch her chest, her breathing became harder. I wanted to comfort her, to take it back but I instead turn away and leave her standing there alone. I can't have her as my mate! I just can't. I won't forgive you for this Elijah! Xavier promises.