Chapter Nine

:Edited 3/12/16

Eli

I have been searching for two days for Kelsey but her scent was going in so many different directions it was hard to pin point exactly which way she went. I now have the trackers narrowing down ways she could have gone, but still nothing. I've debated my options but have yet to really make a decision. I can't link her because she left the pack, and I know she doesn't have family outside the pack so I don't know where she'd run.

She could be hurt and it's been killing me knowing that I did this. The guilt keeps me up at night only allowing me an hour at most to sleep. My wolf refuses to talk to me because I did this. I was to stubborn, to worried what having an Omega as my mate could do. I am now sitting in my office my head in my hands, my brain doesn't do anything but think of Kelsey, how heartbroken and hurt she looked in the forest.. It was like I had literally crushed every hope she had.

Worse, I've heard numerous talk about how they we're better off without the whore. I had barely contained my rage when Alex pulled me away, it was worse then because it was exactly what I had called her. I heard my office door open and shut and I didn't need to look up to know who had walked in.

"No word yet, but they believe she went towards the.." he paused and I looked up, he looked hesitant.

"Where?! Where do they think she went?!" I demanded.

"The Blood Rouge territory." He said slowly and my heart dropped. Gracan was mean when it came to rouges, and so was his pack! If she went there and was caught!

"I'll call the Alpha." He was a friend, but depending on his answer he be an enemy after.

"There is something else.." Alex said, then sighed. "I heard Ethan...talking to another member.." he said and I frowned.

"Yes?" I gritted out, even though he had something going on with Kelsey, I wouldnt punish him. He didnt know she was my mate and I, stupidly rejected her.

"He was bragging about... about how he almost.." I stared at Alex getting frustrated he was never one to stumble over words. "His words, 'I am just disappointed I couldn't pluck that flower when I had the chance. And boy let me tell you she was wild..'" he pushed and I was obviously showing rage.

"Why would I want to hear there-" I was cut off by his hand being held up.

"Thats not all... he also said after the other stopped laughing. 'I had to slap her to get her to shut up, don't need anyone knowing what I was doing..' Eli, I don't think she was willing.." he said.

I felt the blood drain from my face as I thought back on that night, she did have a mark on her face, and she was crying but I didn't think anything of it. "He was....he was.." I chocked out "and I...oh god... " I was mortified, my little mate was almost raped and I called her a whore!

Then hot boiling fury took over, "get Ethan in here. NOW!" I demanded. I will make him admit, and then I will kill him for harming my mate.

You! You caused her to run away from us! You accused her of sleeping around when that wasn't it at all.... Xavier growled.

I don't believe I'll ever be able to rectify my mistakes. But I can at least use Ethan to vent out my frustrations. Unfortunately when Alex left to get Ethan, I knew deep down that it wouldn't help the situation. I wanted him to pay, but honestly this was all my own fault. If I hadn't rejected her to begin with, she wouldn't have been in the situation. She would have be safe with me in my room.