Chapter Twenty-Four

Eli

I watched her as she took a breath wondering if she'd continue.

"You did make a mistake, and while I appreciate that you can admit it your also right that a simple 'im sorry' wont do a damn thing to help." I watched her face become a bit red, "I went through hell in this pack... years and years of mental, emotional and physical abuse! The one thing that kept me from ending my life was my wolf.. though I couldn't hear her then I knew she'd want us to find our mate. And I waited so long..." I watched the tears slide down her beautiful face, and itched to wipe them away, but I stayed seated knowing she wouldn't want me to. "And finally the day came and I was rejected, almost raped and when my own mate who is supposed to love me, cherish me and protect me..." a sob breaks free, "calls me a whore....and then goes to another female." She shake her head.

Where would I even begin to make up for my mistake? How could I prove to her that I will be there when she needs me, and trusts me to do so?

Let me take over! Xavier demands.

I sigh, but do as he said. He pushes forward as I am pushed back.

::Xavier::

I stand and go to my hurting mate, I crush her to my chest and just hold her as she tries to struggle..

"Let go!" She cries and it breaks my heart.

"Mate calm down, please..." I beg.

She pushes harder, "I said let go Eli!! Now!"

"I am not Eli, I am his wolf Xavier." I say calmly, she suddenly stops struggling and I look down.

Her big blue eyes that are now glassy due to her tears are staring up at me. I slowly, and lovingly wipe her tears away.

"Xavier, why? Why did he reject me and Seira? Was I not enough?" She sobs.

I cup her face making her look at me. "Do not ever think that you or Seira aren't good enough, you are both perfect. Eli. Eli just had a moment of...stupidity.. I cannot make you give him another chance, but I need you and so does Eli. I love you so much little one." I kiss her cheek slowly so she can pull away if wanted but she doesnt.

I become extremely happy but dont dare show it. "I cant take away what happened but Eli and I can take the pain away. Eli realized his error and searched for you, he wouldnt sleep wouldnt eat.. I only ask for a small amout of faith that he has changed. Let us make it up to you" I was close to going to my knees, even though Im Alpha for my mate and love I would do what I needed to win her back.

She stared at me for a moment, her tears dried up. She sighed. "I will think about it Xavier."

I can't help the sadness I feel but I nod, "I understand." She stood to leave then paused, she turned and flung herself at me, her lips hit mine in a passionate filled kiss. I immediately responded, wrapping my arms around her waist.

She pulled away slowly, and I noticed her eyes which were a bright blue now darker. Which meant...

"I love you Xavier, but Kelsey will need time. She was devastated when she got rejected. She was dreaming, hoping, and praying our mate would save her from the beatings and the insults..." Seira says.

"And Eli, I know you can hear me.. I forgive you, but I will not stand for you hurting her again. If you do I will hurt you." She threatens then walks to the door. She turns as she opens it and winks before disappearing.

Dont fuck this up Eli!!! I warn and hand him control again.

*
*
*
*

So there is a bit of Xavier. Hope you all liked it.