Chapter Twenty

Edited: 3/22/16

Eli - After asking for privacy.
(This will be his view right before they go outside to see Brittney laying on the ground.)

Once they left I looked at Alpha Gracan in all seriousness. "I agree, I am a new Alpha to the Moonlight pack and I am still learning and earning the respect of them. I believe it to be very likely that I have a traitor." I paused, this is a perfect way to get me and Kelsey close again to show her I made a mistake. "As for what I wanted to ask. Can you loan me a couple of your warriors to help me flush out the traitor?"

I waited, he seemed to be deep in though but he smirked, "who are you suggesting go with you?" He had this look that almost had me thinking he knew exactly who I'd pick.

"Well, Kelsey for one because it's her old pack and she knows the grounds, the ins and outs." I shrug nonchalantly. "And whoever else you'd pick."

He chuckled. "Listen, formalities aside for a moment. Why should I let Kelsey go to the pack that beat her? Back with the mate who rejected her, left her while she needed him, and then fucked another female?" Even though he had said it calmly, I could see the anger in his eyes.

I could tell he had bonded with Kelsey and even though I knew it wasn't in that kind of way I still felt irritated. "Because I made the worst and most horrible mistake rejecting her... I was surprised when I seen her. And honestly I don't have a real excuse other than being selfish." I sighed sadly " but I do want to prove that I've changed, that I want her more than anything else."

He sat there in silence thinking. "When I found Kelsey in the woods, she was very skinny, bruised, she was so malnutritioned and weak from beatings that she passed out. She didn't even try to fight for survival. I could see it in her eyes as she spoke to me that she had given up.. " the more he spoke the more I broke as well as Xavier he wanted to comfort out mate and he knew she was in pain. Our wolves connected slightly but I rejected her before Xavior even leaned her wolfs name. He was furious with me and rarely talked to me.

"She was examined by my mate, she has scars all over her back, she was untrusting and it took a while for her to open up to us. But now she is healthy and happy. She is like a daughter to me and my mate. So I warn you. Hurt her and I will destroy you and everyone who ever harmed her!" He snarled.

I growled back, "I will not hurt her!"

He smirked, "prey you don't, or you will have more than rouges to worry about." He stood, "come we will go get Kelsey."

He walked out and when we got outside he roared at the sight in front of us. Kelsey was pounding into someone until she heard Gacan then as we rushed forward she got off of....Brittney?

"A small misunderstanding" she said calmly. She was barely breathing hard at all.

I looked down at Brittneys bloodied face and then to Kelsey. "You did this?" I asked in shock.

"I did." She stated.

"What was the misunderstanding?" Gracan asked.

"She seems to have it in her head that I am after her Eli and she was warning me off. Even though she's a complete idiot, she couldn't comprehend that I left their pack for a reason." She shrugged like she didnt care. "She also felt threatened by me because her and Alpha Eli have an agreement."

I chocked on air, what the hell did she mean agreement? What agreement? "what agreement?" I asked confused.

She shrugged, "her being claimed as your mate and Luna." I could see how hard it was for her to keep her mask up, for a split second I seen pain on her face.

Comfort our mate, idiot! Xavior demanded.

I cant, she wont let me that close, yet. Give me time Xav. He went quiet.

"What the fuck? I never agreed to that or anything like that!" I growled. I never agreed to that shit.

She laughed, "anyways, she sunk her claws into my arm and I played with her. I did warn her and then she got pissy and tried to shift so I stopped her." She looked right at Alpha Gracan as she said that. They seemed to have a private understanding. I was confused.

"This is true. They both had words. And when Kelsey tried to walk away Brittney grabbed her." Alex said. I seen Kelsey smile at him and instantly felt jealous that my Beta and best friend made my mate smile.

"I see. Well Alex, you grab Brittney and take her to get cleaned up." I said wanting Alex busy even though I knew he wouldnt touch Kelsey.

"Am I free to go?" Kelsey asked Alpha Gracan.

"Actually Kelsey I need to have a word with you." Alpha Gracan said and she nodded. We followed him back to his office.

*
*
*
I've decided that I won't cut off a chapter if it's in Eli's POV until I'm done. Kay? Kay.