Chapter Eight

:Edited 3/12/16

Kelsey

I came to slowly, I could hear voices talking around me. And for a moment I stayed still as if I was still asleep as I listened.

"What do you mean abused?!" The voice whispered/yelled. I remembered the voice and wondered why the Alpha was here?

"She is malnutrition, dehydrated, and.. she has scars that well suggest that this has been going on for years. She has fresh bruises along with older ones.. Someone, or many have used this poor girl as a punching bag." A soft voice explained. I mentally flinched.

Of course I was malnutritioned and stuff. I get scraps and sometimes I don't even get that. Hah. Its amazing my body hasn't just given up by now. I used to say to myself 'just hold out until I find my mate.' But now, I dont even care.

The growl threw me off, "so this is why shes now rouge." He connects it. "She's too young." I can hear saddnes in his voice and it's confusing. Why would this stranger feel sad for me? Ha, this is stupid. I decide it's best to get this over with, I open my eyes and then groan as the light blinds me. I instantly feel soft hands on my face. I flinch from habit, plus my face is still sore from Ethan hitting me.

"Easy child, your safe.." the soft voice speaks, I open my eyes slowly this time and see the most beautiful woman staring at me. Her face is a mask of concern and worry. I look over and see the Alpha and I lower my eyes automatically.

"Don't be afraid, we won't hurt you." The Alphas voice chimes in, softly.

"W-what am I doing here?" I stutter.

"You passed out from being weakened. We couldn't leave you there or else you may not have survived.." he explains slowly.

I shake my head, "I meant in a bed.." uncounciously I move my hand over the soft material. I don't hear anything so I take a chance to look up, and the womans eyes are glossy almost as if she's about to cry and the Alpha looks saddened but also there's an underline of fury in his eyes. I'm confused and it must show since the woman speaks up.

"Where else would you be child?" She whispered.

I shrug, "the cells? Dead? The floor?" The bed I had wasn't comfortable, and it wasn't as high up as this one. This one would be perfect for just waking up and hanging you legs over. Mine, had been on the floor and dirty.

I hear her gasp and the Alpha growl, and I cringe. Fearing that I'd just angered them and I close my eyes waiting.

"Look at me, Kelsey is it?" The woman speaks and I slowly open my eyes.

"We aren't going to hurt you. We only wish to help. Your so young and... you've been through so much.." she pauses and my eyes widen. But this pack is known for it's ruthlessness.

She chuckles, and I blush knowing I said it out loud. "We are but, we drawl the line at hurting children." She smiles gently.

"But I'm not a child, I'm 18.." I blurt. And fear takes over as I just admit I'm an adult.

The Alpha laughs whole heartedly, and the woman just grins. "Your still a child, dear. But I just realize we've yet to introduce ourselves.." she stands and walks to the Alpha. "This is Alpha Gracan. I'm Luna, Jamie." She smiles.

I stare opened mouth at them. "I.. I.." I'm not sure what to say, this whole time I'd be avoiding the Alpha's eyes but I looked directly in hers. Would she hit me? Would I be killed now? I looked down, my hands clenched in fist on my lap. For all those years, I'd been beaten into submission. Those stupid rules replaying in my head. And I'd broken one. My heart began to race as all the thoughts and memories raced through my mind.

"Kelsey?" I heard the Luna speak, but I couldn't even bring myself to look at her now. "Kelsey, look at me please." Her voice was so soft, so comforting. I looked up slowly but didn't make eye contact. "Kelsey, you don't have to be afraid of us. I know our reputation, and I know it doesn't sound good. But I promise you, you are safe here. You can stay as long as you'd like, preferably until your all healed up and fed properly." The ending was a bit stern yet she still said it gently.

A question had nagged at me until I couldn't hold hit back anymore. "How old are you?" I blurt.

She chuckles again, "Gracen is 34, I'm 29."

I look between them, still not making eye contact. "but you look.... I mean..."

"Its okay, we get that a lot. But you should rest. Our Beta, Jason will be up shortly with food. Please eat." She says, sounding so motherly it makes my heart ache in longing.

I nod, unable to speak and I hear the door shut behind them. A few minutes later I hear a knock, looking up as the door opens I see the second man from the forest and my heart beats wildly in fear.