Chapter Twenty-Three

Kelsey

Finally a few hours of walking we make it to the Moonlight pack house. I immediately want to go to my room and rest but unfortunately I know that won't be the case.

But with Tyler right beside me I do feel better like I'm not alone to deal with these people.

Eli begins to lead us to his office, I see several of the pack members giving us confused looks. Males giving me lusty looks, while females did the same to Tyler.

How does is feel to get watched by the pack sluts like your new meat? I asked Tyler, mentally giggling.

I feel.....dirty.. he says, and I see him shiver beside me.

Once we are behind Eli's office door he closes it and sits down, "please sit."

We obey and I take a seat beside Tyler. "So you've both been brought up to date by Alpha Gracan on why you are here. For others you will simply say your helping to train, which means you will both be attending training until I say otherwise or need your help. Is that understood?" He asks calmly.

I nod, not bothering to reply. "Yes Alpha." Tyler says.

"Then, I will have Alex show you both to your rooms." Eli says and then the door opens revealing Alex.

We all stand and I try to follow Tyler out when a hand grabs my arm. I didn't need to look to see who it was, the tingled and sparks were a give away that it was Eli.

"Kelsey. Id like to speak with you a moment alone." He says quietly, but Tyler heard and stopped. He glared at Eli but I gave him a warning look and he quickly covered it.

I know this pack, though Tyler is not from this pack and he is in third command position, I didn't want to chance him getting hurt.

I sigh, and nod to Tyler who gives me a 'I'll listen for your call' look before following Alex.

I yank my arm out of Eli's grip and turn, taking the seat I was in previously. "Lets talk."

I hear Eli sigh as he takes his seat, I make sure to keep my face emotionless. We simply stared at each other for a few minutes before he finally spoke.

"I know that it won't be enough, and I know that I made the worst mistake of my life. But, I'm so sorry for rejecting you. I can't even give a worthy excuse for why I would do such a thing. I knew the moment you accepted that I had made a bad choice. I was going to begin to make it up to you the next day but you had already left. I tried to find you but I couldn't." He took a deep breath, and I continued to stare blankly while he obviously waited for a reply.

"I see.." I trailed off leaving him to believe that was all I'd say, but then continued "you did make a mistake, and whike I appreciate that you can admit it your also right that a simple 'im sorry' wont do a damn thing to help." I began to get worked up thinking about it. "I went through hell in this pack... years and years of mental, emotional and physical abuse! The one thing that kept me from ending my life was my wolf.. Though I didnt hear her voice then I knew she would want us to find our mate. And I waited so long..." I felt the hurt and frustrated tears slip down my cheeks. "And finally the day came and I was rejected, almost raped and when my own mate who is supposed to love me, cherish me and protect me..." a sob breaks free,  "calls me a whore....and then goes to another female." I shake my head.