Chapter Four

PROLOGUE: 10 YEARS AGO

"The First Time I saw you, my heart whispered "that's the one." - Yñigo

Yñigo Estefan Dela Corta Villavicencio. He is the son of Ace & Aerish Villavicencio who owns a number of 5 star hotels in Manila and Canada. They owned resorts and just recently branched out in the food industry and introduced PARES.

Yñigo was always on top of his class and girls usually flock before him. But that was before Mariz transferred to their school in Brenton during their fourth grade.

Tandang tanda pa ni Ynigo nang unang ipakilala si Mariz.

"Class, I want to introduce to you, Mariz Natividad. She will be transferring here for this school year."

Ynigo had studied her. Nothing special. She looks poor and gloomy. I wonder how she got in. Brenton Integrated School Academy and University was a popular school for the rich.

Mariz was nodding to her classmates. "Nice to meet you." She had taken the seat besides Ynigo.

Wala naman talagang balak pansinin ni Ynigo ang bagong transferee pero nung magkatest sila sa Science.

"Class I'm sorry to say only one of you got the full marks for this test."

It's me. It's me. Ynigo was sure of it. It's his favorite subject after all. But the teacher called......

"Mariz Natividad. Keep it up."

"Thank you mam."

His classmates murmured. "What?! It's not Ynigo??" "Someone beat him??"

When Ynigo reviewed his test results, he got 2 mistakes. How can someone beat him??

Nagsimula sa isang simpleng test sa Science. It became a battle for him to defeat her.

"Class, Mariz got the highest score in Math. Next Ynigo. Next............"

"Transferee!!! You got some nerve acting so cocky!" sabi ni Ynigo.

Tiningnan lang siya panandalian ni Mariz pero nagsimulang magligpit ng gamit. Uwian na.

"Just because mataas ang mga score mo you think you could act so arrogantly." Ynigo said.

"What's your name again??," the girl asked him.

Oh my God. This is a first. A woman who had forgetten his name!

"It's Ynigo Villavicencio you dimwit!! My family owns hotels in Manila," he had said proudly.

"So who again is cocky and arrogant??" she had said and she left him gaping at her.

When Ynigo went home that day he asked his mom if he could enroll in advance classes for Math and Science.

Nagtataka man ang ina ay pinagbigyan siya.

"What happened Ynigo?? Aren't you getting good grades in class?" her mom had asked.

"I've heard that a transferee beat him in Science," his older sister Yuri explained to her mom.

He shot dagger looks at his sister.

"And someone tops him in Math," dagdag naman ni Yumi.