Chapter Twelve

"Even if I spend the whole day with you. I miss you the second you leave." - MARIZ

What was that all about??, tanong sa sarili ni Mariz. Don't date anyone else but me or you're dead sabi ni Yñigo. As if makikipagdate ako sa iba, iiling iling na sabi ni Mariz.

Nang mag-uwian na sila sa opisina nilapitan siya ni Michelle at ni Lisa.

"Oh my God sis!! I didn't know boyfriend mo ang pinakabatang CEO ng Villavicencio group of companies!!" Lisa exclaimed.

Mariz blushed. They had said boyfriend.

The next morning when Mariz went to work, she just suddenly felt the need to see him. How come kakakita pa lang nila ang yet miss na niya agad. She dialed his office phone.

"I want to talk with Mr Villavicencio please."

'What's the local??"

"Local 101"

Nang maitransfer na sa local sumagot ang PA nito.

"Good morning." Bati ng kabilang linya.

"I want to talk to Mr Villavicencio please," ulet ni Mariz.

"The President or the CEO??" tanong ng kabilang linya.

President ang tatay ni Yñigo. "The CEO." Sagot ni Mariz.

"He's in the board right now. You can try calling tomorrow." Came the curt reply.

What?!! At 9:00 in the morning nasa board room na agad??

Sa kabilang opisina, prenteng nakaupo si Yñigo sa upuan niya sa opisina. He was gazing outide his office. Hmmmm, katapat ba ng opisina ko ang opisina niya?? He wondered. He didn't notice na nakatingin sa kanya ang PA niya na si Rica. It would be very nice if we can have lunch together again, he thought.

Mariz was thinking thoughtfully. Eh may saltik ata ang PA ni Yñigo laging sinasabing nasa boardroom pag tumatawag siya? NAbobosesan ba siya? She was thinking carefully. Just recently she had discovered some disbursements na malalaki sa bank reconciliation ng staff niya. Kumpanya nila Yñigo yun. Something about paying two different suppliers with the same amount. She might as well mention it kay Yñigo, or kina Tito. Before the clock strike 12pm, Mariz was already sa kabilang building. Sa opis nila Yñigo.

Sa lobby pa lang sa baba, nagkagulo na pagkadating niya. She thought, what's going on. Tapos nalaman niya siya pala ang pinagkakaguluhan. They were murmuring.

"Look. She looks so pretty in personal!"

"...............model of Cherie.."

May lumapit sa kanya na nagpapicture. Bigla naman siyang nahiya.

Nang nagpunta siya sa lobby, the girl receptionist was looking at her awestruck. She smiled.

"What floor is the office of Mr Villavicencio, the CEO??"

"Uhhm 15th floor Ma'am" she replied at iniwan ni Mariz ang ID niya.

Paalis na siya ng tawagin siya. "Ah mam pwede pong magpapicture??"

Nang makarating siya ng 15th floor another receptionist. Mukhang naitimbre na sa baba na darating siya kaya may mga taong nag-uumpukan na dun. You would think that a celebrity is there.

"Uhm I'm here to see Mr Villavicencio." Sabi niya muli sa receptionist.

"Ok mam. The First room in the right." Sabi nito. Mariz could feel the crowds eyes staring at her. She was glad she's dressed like a chic business woman today. Long sleeved the shade of beige with a chic skirt with suspenders. Bagong labas lang ito ng CHERIE clothing line, Every inch a model. Not unlike before, she held her head high. Lagot sakin ang PA na yun!!!