❁ Chapter Seven ❁

The Bad Girl Sleeps In My Bed ❁ Chapter Seven

"Levi, can you come downstairs for a second?" My mother's voice rings from downstairs and I reluctantly push myself off the bed while setting my laptop aside. It's currently Saturday and as much as I enjoy just lounging around and doing nothing I must help my mother in the house and do whatever she asks me to do. That's the just the kind of rules we have in the Szepanowski household.

I get downstairs and see my mother sitting in the lounge with Victor and Elena, my younger siblings. Both of them have outdoorsy clothes on so I know exactly where this is going. My siblings like going to the park on the weekends to play with other kids and just enjoy the fresh air.

"Can you go out with Victor and Elena for a while? We're having some of your father's business friends around for dinner and I need to clean the house and prepare dinner, I don't want them getting the impression that our house is always messy," she laughs, running a hand through her dark brown hair.

My parents work a lot and they have business partners over at our house a lot, it's like a tradition they have every weekend. Of course they don't have friends over every weekend, that would be a bit bizarre but once or twice a month is the typical in our family.

I give her a small smile, "Sure, Mom, let me just put on a jumper and I'll get the keys."

Elena and Victor jump off the couch and start immediately putting on their shoes and jackets. I swear those two kids are extremely energetic while I just walk around the house like a zombie. If they only knew that they'll be as tired as me once they get to high school. I'm just praying that their high school experience is better than mine and they don't have to go through bullying and other problems that occur in high school. Both of them are extremely bright and happy all the time and I definitely don't want them to suffer from depression or other problems.

"Thank you so much. Take Bentley with you as well. "

Following my mother's orders, I put on a jumper and pull on some sneakers before stepping out of the house with the two little kids following me and my dog on the leash. Well Victor isn't a little kid anymore, he's already 13 years old, but Elena is still 6. It's so adorable that they get along with each other even though they have such an age gap. I swear kids get along with each other extremely well while teenagers are mean and unfriendly.

"Levi," Elena pulls on my sweatpants slightly. "Can we buy ice cream before we come home?" she asks, playing with the ends of her hair.

"Did momma say you could get ice cream? You know she doesn't want you guys eating sweets before dinner," I chuckle. Elena always eats ice cream; I swear she's addicted to anything sweet. I was like that when I was her age but once I got older, the sweet tooth kind of disappeared.

"Mommy doesn't have to know," Elena giggles.

I shake my head, "You sneaky little kid. Sure, I'll buy you ice cream. Vic, do you want ice cream as well?" I ask, turning to my little brother.

He stops running and looks at me once he hears the word 'ice cream'. He starts jumping up and down, "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

"Alright, but before you guys have to spend some time in the park like Mom said."

We walk a bit away from our house towards the park and once they see the other kids, they run up to them and start playing with them. I don't understand how kids can play with each other even though they don't know each other. If someone came up to me, I would just want to curl up in a ball and hide under my blankets. Obviously they're way more outgoing than me and they aren't afraid of other people like me. Well I'm not really afraid of other people, I just prefer to be alone and avoid social interaction as much as possible.