❁ Chapter Twelve ❁

Picture: Ashley, who's portrayed by Lais Ribeiro.

The Bad Girl Sleeps In My Bed ❁ Chapter Twelve

Prom day is coming up at an alarming speed. Actually prom is next week and I still don't have a suit to wear and I have no idea where to start looking for it. I have no taste when it comes to clothing like this and I don't even know what color scheme I have to go for since Hollie has been on house arrest ever since she was arrested and by the looks of it, she's not getting released soon either.

I have finished the song I once sang to Hollie. I wanted to sing it to her during prom but looks like my plans are cancelled and I might as well sing it to her sometime when both of us have time and when we're both home and my parents are away. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of my parents since they don't know I write songs. They just know I can play the guitar and that's it.

My thoughts get cut off when I hear my phone ringing on the table. I get up from my bed and walk over there so see an unknown number calling me. It must be Diego since we agreed we're going to look for suits today. He asked Elise to prom and she said yes so they're going together. In my opinion they even make quite a cute couple but I'd rather not mention that to them as I'm afraid Diego might saw off my arm if I said that.

"Hello?" I say as I press 'answer' on my phone.

"Hello, it's me," a female voice says that I don't recognize. She has a slight English accent to her voice but I still don't know who it is.

"Who is this?" I furrow my eyebrows. Not many people know my phone number and this is getting really creepy.

"I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet, to go over everything."

"What?" Confusion's taking over my brain as I listen to the voice on the other end.

"They say that time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing."

"Okay, who's this? It's getting really creepy."

I hear a soft giggle from the other side, "It's Ashley, hey babe."

I feel air leaving from my lungs as I hear that name, "Ash? Why are you calling me? I haven't heard from you in over a year? Aren't you supposed to be in London?"

"I'm back in Riverview, I heard my baby boy is going to prom with some hot girl and I wanted to make sure you look as cute as you are."

"Where did you hear that?" I ask, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Cole told me."

Of course Cole would tell her all about my life.

"Okay..." I mumble. "And why exactly did you call me?"

"Do you have a suit already? I'm positive you must since your prom is next week."

I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly, "Actually, I don't."

"Then get dressed, I'm picking you up in 10 minutes and we're going out to buy you a suit. You need a woman's opinion to make sure you look hot as hell."

"Ash, why did you really call me? I know that's not the reason."

I hear a sigh from her, "I miss you," She softly replies. "And I want to see you."

"Alright," I sigh. "Come over then and we can go and buy me a suit."

I end the call and walk over to my closet where I grab a pair of black jeans, a white shirt and a beige coat. I pull on a pair of black jeans, quickly style my hair like always and put a silver chain onto my neck. I grab my wallet, phone and keys and walk downstairs.