Chapter 2 : Staying Together??

Lucy POV

      "Thank you everyone for attending the meeting" the short bald man tightened his tie and left. I quickly grabbed my things and went to head for my next meeting.
       As I walked out I noticed Dragneel walking off.. Not towards the exit. I really don't want him walking around my company but that meeting is more important. I walked in the office room standing tall. 'I will get this'
        "ahh Ms. Heartfilia, nice to see you again." I shook his hand. "Me too Mr. Patterson." He motioned for me to sit down so I did so. "So Ms. Heartfilia, about that addition to your company. Well you see there's a problem."
         I nervously asked "and what might that be?" "Well you see we can't give you the add on due to you not being born here." I jumped up and placed my hands on the table "what do you mean!"
         "You were born in Cedar" "yes that may be true but that was only because my parents were on a business trip and they had to. I've never lived in Cedar sir." I pleaded.
         "It's doesn't seem to matter to the heads. Unless you're married..but being-" I couldn't hear what he was saying now, I felt like I was just shot. All the years I've been with the company and this?!?
         Just then out of the corner of my eye I saw a stripe of pink stop by the doorway. My eyes quickly looked and grabbed the pinky. "Well you see, me and *gulp* Natsu are actually engaged."
       Why did I just do that. He was staring at me like crazy. Jeez he's gonna start laughing and I'll be ruined. "We're no-"
        Mr. Patterson cut him off. "Oh my well how wonderful. Why haven't you told anyone, never mind that. With you both being engaged you bother can add the addition to your company's."
        I twitched, I did this to one up my self not share it with him!! Natsu lifted an eye brow then looked down at me. Then he did something I never would have thought.
       He smiled and snaked his arm around my waist. "Wow that's so awesome. Well you we see didn't tell anyone cause our company's are big rivals and we didn't want people to start freaking out."
         The short baldy smiled. "Of course, well now that that's taken care of I must get going but I'll see you both in Era in three days bye now" as soon as he walked off I pulled Natsus arm off and slammed the door shut.
       "I hate you so much ugh!!" I I walked around the office rubbing my temples. "Why, that's mean 'honey' weren't you the one who said we were engaged?" He asked me raising an eyebrow.
       I sighed "well I was panicking and I honestly didn't expect you to go along with it." "Well I wasn't going to but when he cut me off and said I'd be getting an addition too well who could resist." He stood up and waved goodbye bye. "See ya Heartfilia"

Natsu's POV

       "Haha her face was so priceless! You should have seen it Gray!" I laughed like an idiot as I  told my best friend what just happened. "Don't you think it's wrong of y'all to lie like this?"
       "Eh what ever it was hilarious plus I'm getting something from it." Gray stood up "yea yea but don't fall in love with her Natsu, ... Again" he whispered the last part but I still heard it. "Oi! Gray get your ass back here" he continued to walk off. "Tch damn that Gray"
        I scratched my head and grabbed my jacket and car keys. "Well time to get home, night everybody" "Have a nice Mr.Dragneel." I waved goodbye to everyone and got in my car. I started driving around the city.
         I didn't really feel like going home so I decided to go out into the town. I parked off to the side and started walking around. Stopping at farmers markets and places I used to go as a child.
         "Are you okay sweetie?" I heard the familiar feminine voice. I turned to see Lucy talking to a crying child and grabbing her hand. "Don't worry we will find your mommy okay?" Wow I've never seen that side of Lucy. Well more like recent side of Lucy. Back in the day she was always kind hearted.
        I shrugged my shoulders and continued to explore. I ended up at old cypress park. I walked over to the swings and sat down. I rocked a little bit and closed my eyes.
       It's so peaceful out here. "You know park rules states 1-13 years of age" I opened my eye and looked over to see Lucy who seemed to now be jogging threw the park. "What ya doing here?"
        "Hmm I feel I should be asking you that, city boy" I rolled my eyes and stood up. "Well now my peaceful moment has been ruined."
       I stuffed my hands in my pockets and walked off. She continued her jog. 'How are we gonna be able to pull off being engaged huh" I thought to my self laughing.