Chapter 6: Lovers Quarrel

Natsu's POV

     I sat on the couch my brain scrambling to figure out my feeling for Lucy.
        'It's just in few days ive been so close to her I don't feel so cold and grumpy. It's like her being in my presence is making me happy again.           
        After our parents died Lucy completely shut me out and wouldn't talk to me, hell she barely talk to her friends. Me on the other hand became cold and rude towards everyone. With the the few exceptions of some friends I was a dick to everyone.
          I rejected all love confessions while in school. I quit the basket ball team because I just couldn't stand be near people. With out Lucy I didn't care, I just wasn't happy.
       Over the years I've become a cocky bastard, doing whatever I could to be on top. I would go out to parties and get so shit face and take any girl home. The next day i would freak out and kick her out.
       That's how I turned out. I'd work out, try and beat Lucy in our businesses, then party.
        I honestly don't recall when I started hatin her actually I don't think I ever hated her. It was more of a way to try and get her to notice me. Eventually I lost hope and she became just my enemy I couldn't Stand the idea of losing to her.
         But that damn day she pulled me in, I could've damn we'll ratted on her and walk away why didn't I? Her eyes were filled with sadness and fear and for some reason I guess I cared that day.
         I don't know if I regret it or if I'm loving it. I know I'll regret it when the trips over and I'll only see her in meeting.
       But then there the part of loving that I got to be her pretend fiancé, seeing her smile and laugh again. It's been so long since I've seen her smile.
         Now I can't even get her off my mind damn it! Why Luce, why do make me go crazy, why can't you see how much I still love you... Idiot.'
        I was pretty zoned out, I was drooling and my eye lids were half closed when I finally snapped out of my thoughts. I turned around to see Lucy sitting on the bed with a pen in her hand and she was writing.
       I slowly stood up off the couch and walked over to her. I sat down beside her, leaning on my arm as I try and see what's she's writing about.
       "Do you mind?" She asks me while setting down the pen.
      "I was trying to see what you were writing about." She crossed her arms and huffed. "No way you ain't reading it" my eyebrows stitched together. "And why not?!" "Because!" She yelled back sittin straight up so her eyes were level with mine.
        A hint of pink flashed across my face at her closeness. I'm guessing she noticed because I watched her cheeks turn red then she quickly looked away.                
         "You used to let me read them in highschool.. Actually you'd read them to me" I said in a low tone, looking away from her. I her sigh deeply. "Just have to bring up the past huh?" "Well there were times where the past was good... Then it turned to this." "Natsu please just drop it.."
        I turned and faced her, shifting so my whole body was pointed towards her and my legs were crossed.
        "Why? Why should I drop it? Hmm? Cause you know what, i would actually really like to know why you pushed me away." I said hearing my tone raise.
        "Why you ask? Because I lost my parents if if wouldnt have been for that day id still be happy and have a family and-"
      I ended up cutting her off yelling at her. "You know what Lucy, I don't know if it ever occurred to you but you're not that only damn one who lost their parents that day! I lost my mom and dad and two great people who I loved dearly.
       And lastly I lost you damn it! You were the only person who understood how' I was feelin, the only I had left I that considered my family, the only person I had left to love.
       But you.. You pushed me away and ignored me and acted like I was nothing. Do you know how that affected me too Luce, do you!?
        I was depressed over the lose of my parents and on top of that the girl I loved. You fucked you own life Lucy, I tried to be the for you and you just just.. What ever.
       Damn I need some air" I muttered as I got off the bed.
      As I went to walk out of the room and saw her crying then pull her knees up to her face. 'Great I made her cry..' I walked up to the roof top and sat down on the side.
       "DAMN IT!!!"
    I yelled punching the ground beside me. "I fucked it up!!  Why did I say all those horrible thing to her. Damn it..." I mustard back the tears. Thinking of my parents death and the past and Lucy crying just now took it all out of me. 
      See there way me being cold hearted again. Classic Natsu, the dick head.