Chapter 18: Welcome

Lucy's POV

I sat there on the hospital bed eating what ever food they gave me. I haven't slept in who knows how long. I didn't sleep a lot while they had me captured. And I didn't sleep last night. How could I?

I'm all alone in the horrible world.

My newly husband just died in front my eyes. And I never got the chance to even tell him. I wiped more tears from my puffy red eyes. I could hear footstep running down the hall. I hoped that i had been sleeping and it was Natsu about to come hug me and tell me he's here. But they ran past my room down the hall. Seconds later they were back and my door was flying open.

My eyes opened a little widely but sooner went half lidded again. "Lucy...there's" a panting Gray stood in the door holding onto the handle. "Good news!" I looked up at him curious. "It's Natsu.. He's in icu. He made it through the surgery"

Tears swelled in my eyes. "Gray.. I was there he.. He died in front of me" I cover my face with my hands while I continued to sob loudly. I felt Gray wrapped his arms around my shoulder in attempt to comfort me.

"Lucy you gotta listen to me. They were able to stop the bleeding and got his heart beating again. He's alive. Come on they'll only allow you to go in the room because you're his family." He slowly helped me out of my bed and walked me down to his room.

The nurse opened the door and there he was. He was laying there sleeping. Bandages around his torso where they had once been a bullet wound and blood. I shivered. His head wrapped tightly with little tuffs of pink sticks out the sides. With shaky hands I walked by he side and slowly reached for his hand. It was warm.

I careful eyed the rising and falling of his chest, waiting for his eyes to flutter open. But to no avail they never did open again, I still haven't seen those dark green eyes. "Mrs. Dragneel" I looked up at the doctor standing before me.

"It's been hours.. Why hasn't he woken up, even for a second?" I moved my gaze back upon my husband. "I'm sorry for not informing you earlier ma'am. You see when Natsu, your husband legal died for a short while he in a way went to sleep. With the head injury he sustained it put him in a coma. There's no telling when he'll wake up. They're saying we give him a year before we remove him."

I stitched my eyebrows together. "How can you just pull the plugs on someone whose still alive but sleeping!"

"It's not on my word ma'am. Now visiting hours are over and the nurse said you must go back to your room. They need to make sure your strong and healthy. You don't wanna lose that baby do you?" He said while pointing to my belly.

I ran my hand over my belly, yes it's true I'm pregnant. I found out the day I walked in.. On that day. I was so shocked and happy I couldn't wait to tell Natsu. But after everything happened I couldn't help but just sob uncontrollably to Levy, how was suppose to tell Natsu when I thought he was cheating on me. Then while I kidnapped I feared the worse that they would injure my stomach or starve me and my baby.

I sighed and looked at Natsu. I tried to tell you before you.. The sounds of the flatline still rings in my ears from time to time. I constantly look at heart monitor and sure enough there's a pulse. But the nurse said that I was actually a month along by time I was brought to the hospital.

"I know I'll be leaving now"

I slowly back to my room and laid down on me bed. Later on my nurse came to give me some vitamins. I went to bed with the thoughts of Natsu waking up on my mind. Almost as a movie all the things we've done together started playing as a dream. I laid on my side crying to sleep.

***

I sat by Natsu side again today, today was a first for me. I ate pickles and ice cream. I never thought I would actually crave it but boy did I ever. I also brought some head phones and let Natsu listen to his his favorite songs. I held his hand while drawing little circles on his arm.

"I wish you would wake up silly"

A few tears slide down my cheek. "I miss you.. I miss your smile, the way your laugh bring joy.." I leaned up and kiss him sweetly on the cheek. "I love you Natsu please wake up soon.." I gave his hand one last squeeze but when I felt a slight squeeze back I whipped my head to his face.

He still lay in a deep sleep. And his hand now just as limp as it was before. I sighed in defeat and went to let the doctor know. I held my back as I started for the door. I tenderly rubbed my bulging tummy and smile. "You almost ready to come out sweetie?" I have about a month left till I give labor. The strange then is the dates vary about a month from Natus birthday.

"This worlds ready to welcome you, Nashi. "

***

"Lu-chan breathe" I gripped the side of the bed tightly not wanting to break Levy's tiny hands. Hi, Lucy here. Currently still in labor, I've been in labor for 6 hours already. But little Nashi wasn't ready yet. I was just about to sleep when she was like hey mom I'm ready to come out now (: now I'm here being told to push over and over.

But finally the sound of crying filled the room. I panted in exhaustion as they cleaned my baby. I looked up and there she was bundled in a pink blanket. I slowly took her in my arms and smiled, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Hi Nashi.."

I kissed her tiny forehead. "I'm your mommy honey. I'm a mommy" I looked to levy with happy tear filled eyes. "Levy-chan" she smiled and wiped a few of her own tears. "She adorable lu." I looked down at my little ray of sunshine. I gently ran the back on my fingers over her cheek. I almost cried when she grabbed ahold of my finger. She yawned this tiny little cute yawn and it melted my heart.

"Can I go see Natsu with her?" The nurse shook her head no. "I'm sorry ma'am, it's time for you to rest up. When you wake we will take you both to him." I slowly nodded understanding. Although I didn't like them taking my baby away from me. But as soon as I leaned back i was out.

***

The nurse pushed me around in my wheel chair with Nashi in my arms. "Don't stay here to long Mrs. Dragneel" I nodded and slowly stood up. It hurts and I'm sore. "Look Nashi that's your daddy" I kissed her head then started humming a song my own mother sung me when I was little. After about an hour she woke from her nap and started crying. Loudly.

"Shhh baby girl. Momma here. Look daddy's here too.. In a way." I feed her and rocked her but she continued to cry. "Beautiful baby girl please stop crying" Just as I was about to sing again something stopped me causing me to freeze.
.
.
.
.
.
"She's beautiful, Luce"'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was weak!!! I couldn't kill him off. How could I!?! Welp hope you enjoyed this new chapter💕

.
Check out my other stories
~Burning Summer
~Lucky I'm in Love with my Bestfriend
~ Her little Secret