11: M33TING GRANDMA

Recap

"Nawl baby this is yo father."

The words came out my grandma mouth I have been waiting to here my whole life.

I always used to imagine as a little girl that's daddy would come and treat like a princess but that dream never came true.

"My father" I say looking this man up and down "you aren't a father because a real father would have been there for me, a real father would have showed me what it was like to be a princess, he would have protect me and showed me how boys were supposed to treat me, you were supposed to teach me how to love myself before I love anyone. And lastly a father wouldn't just show up out the blue to see their child when their used to sit by the window and think they were coming but they never came. " I say with tears coming out my eyes.

He couldn't even say anything. Hmp.

"I guess the cat got your tongue but you can think on that. Come on grandma let's go." I say pulling my grandma to the car and leaving my "so called father" behind.

I put my grandma's luggage in the back and we pull off.

"So how was your trip grandma?" I ask her.

"Stop trying to avoid the situation Zaria." She says giving me that look.

"What do you expect me to do grandma run into his arms and pretend like he was in my life." I

"No baby I don't but I did think you would respect him."

"Nawl to get respect grandma he got to earn that. And I guess met him grandma that want about to happen." I say.

"Well baby we will worry about that later but right now I want you to tell me about the new man in your life."

"What you talking bout grandma." I say looking at her like she was crazy.

"Baby I have been in plenty relationships to know when somebody got a new man. Plus baby that ring on your finger ain't hard to miss." She says "so baby either you going to tell me or imma beat it out of you"

I couldn't help but laugh at her.

"Well grandma there is a man in my life. And this ringon my finger is a wedding ring." I say.

"I should beat yo ass. You go meet a new then you go get married without telling. Then you didn't even invite me to yo wedding." She says getting mad.

"Grandma calm down. It wasn't even like that. We was drunk and stuff happen. We been married for about 3 months. And how was I supposed I tell you when you said there was no phones were you was staying at."

"Whatever so when imma meet this husband of yours." She asks acting salty.

"Tomorrow I figure we could go to the game then after the game we could go out for lunch." I say.

"The game. What yo husband do?"

"Grandma he play football for the Giants."

"Well baby since you we going out to eat I think you should invite Gerald" she says.

"No grandma I don't that man like that he could be lieing for all we know grandma. I don't trust him" I say.

"Baby that is your father and you should invite to get to know him better." She says trying to reason with me.

"No grandma."

"Well I'm not going then because if you can't invite your father then I won't come." She says.