13.POPS

Odell Pov
Right now I am sitting on the couch with my little brother Sonny and my dad. They came up here for the week since they couldn't make it up here for my birthday.

"So where this wife you got at I want to meet her" he says.

"She at work." I say while tickling Sonny.

"So how long y'all be married. Yeah momma told me that?" he asked.

"About 3 1/2 months" I say.

"You sure she ain't no gold digger or anything because I mean y'all don't even know each other like that but y'all
married."

"She ain't no gold digger pops she make more money than I do. She is one the biggest attorneys in the state of New York. I highly doubt she would take my money when she got more than I do." I say.

"Alright son imma trust you for now but I need to meet this girl that got my son sprung" he says.

I just laugh.

Zaria Pov
I swear I just want to pull all my hair out right now. People don't know how to do their jobs.

I was supposed to get a letter containing evidence to the case I am working on but it still hasn't showed. And now I am behind on my work. And I am ready to go home and get some rest.

"Gloria has that package came in yet" I yell.

"No mam it still hasn't arrived yet" she says.

Looking over at the clock I see it is 9 o'clock.

" Ms. Gloria you can just go home I will just wait for the package." I say.

"You sure I can stay here and wait" she says.

"Nawl Ms. Gloria you can go I don't won't you being up here all night." I say.

"Alright well then I'm gone" I hear her say.

I look over at the clock and see it is 9:05. This package should have been here hours ago something must have happened.

I will wait another minutes and if this package isn't here I'm leaving. My phone starts to ring and I see that Odell is calling.

I answer the phone.

"How much longer you going to be at your office?" He asks.

"Well hello to you to" i say

"Yea when you coming home?" He asks.

"When this package that I am waiting on arrives."

"Well if it ain't came now it ain't coming soon" he says.

"I know but I'm trying to hold out and see if it comes" I say.

"It ain't coming so you might as well come on home" he says.

"Alright I'm packing up now" I say as I shut down my computer.

"My pops and little brother here by the way"

"I just love how you tell me when your family is here" I say.

"Yea whatever just hurry up and get here" he says.

"I'm on my way" I say as I hang up.

After hanging up I shut everything down and make sure everything is locked up I walk out the door.

I get in the car and head to Odell's house.

I pull into the driveway to see a gray Mercedes Benz with red strips on the side in the driveway.