15: THANKSGIVING

Odell Pov:
We just landed in Baton Rouge and we are currently getting our luggage. Since Zaria didn't won't to leave her grandma and father in New York by theirselves we invited them come with us.

"Ooh I'm so ready to get in the bed and go to sleep" Zaria mumbles leaning on my mine.

"You slept the whole way here babe" I say.

"I know I'm still tired though" she says.

"Zaria have you been getting any sleep?" I ask.

"A hour or two."

"Zaria what have I told you bout that." I say.

"I'm sorry babe but this case is really important and I am trying to prepare for it. The trial is right after we Sunday". She says.

"Well after this case you need to take a break" I say.

"Alright babe"

"Gimme a kiss"

She leans up to kiss me until he grandmother Ms. Katherine says " enough with all let's go we hungry".

"I swear every time we try to kiss everybody be blocking" I mumble picking up Zaria's and my bags.

"Baby where the car at?" Zaria asks.

"It should be" I get interrupted by the black escalade pulling up in front of us.

Gerald and I put the bags in the back while Zaria and her grandma get in the car.

Once we all are I tell the driver to take us to my momma house.

As we are riding I hear Ms. Katherine say "Ooh I remember that counter"

"Ms. Katherine what you talking bout" I say looking at her funny.

"See long time ago I was pimp down here in Louisiana" she says shocking all of us.

"Grandma" Zaria says.

"What baby I was hustler. I made my money off my tricks. I was the biggest pimp down here." She says.

"Ms. Katherine you don't look the type who would be in the streets" I say.

"Boy don't let this face fool you I was a thug" she says.

"Grandma how did we end up in New York?" Zaria questions.

"I decided it was done being a pimp. I had your mother early that year. So we moved to New York from there" Katherine says.

"So that why you are in the church so much? I ask.

"I had get saved and turn over a new leaf in my life" she says as we pull up to the house.

"This my home" I say as I open the door putting the bags by the door.

"Ooh this is nice" both Ms. Katherine and Gerald said.

I just chuckled.

"There both y'all rooms are upstairs on the left the bathroom is across the hall. Our room is down the hall and there is another over by the kitchen" I say.

They just nod and walk upstairs to get settled.

"Come on baby" I say as I grab our bags and walk up the stairs to our room.

Once we make it too the room Zaria collapses on the bed.

"Baby I'm bout to take a nap. Wake me in about a hour" she says getting comfortably on the pillow.

"Alright baby" I say as I lean down and kiss her on the lips.

Zaria Pov

We currently on the way to Heather's house.