Chapter 3

A/N: In the pic is Felyra, minus the purple streak in her bangs that I was unable to add. Also, sorry for the poor quality of the pic.

It's been over a week since my transformation. I live in the woods, just me and Scrumptious. The only time I see humans anymore is when I have the urge to kill a few.

It actually feels good to just be able to do what I want when I want to. I had currently gone much deeper into the woods, hunting my next meal through the darkness of night.

I crept ever closer to my target. Past the bushes in front of me, was a big, brown squirrel. Concealed by the bush's branches, I watched the squirrel as it nibbled on acorns.

Getting into position, I quickly leapt from the bush, grabbing the squirrel in my hand. It chittered and struggled to get free.

I quickly snapped its neck, instantly killing it. I sighed as Scrumptious climbed out of my pocket, grabbing some of the acorns the squirrel was eating.

I sank my fangs into the squirrel, eating it raw while Scrumptious ate seeds and acorns. After finishing my meal, I licked my lips before moving over to a nearby stream.

I dipped my hands in the water, using it to clean my hands and face before drinking some of it. Scrumptious soon joins me, cleaning himself and getting a drink.

My ears perked up at the sound of something in the distance. I froze, listening to the unfamiliar noises. They sound like...voices.

Surely there aren't people this deep in the forest. I quickly scooped up Scrumptious, stuffing him back into my chest pocket.

I climbed up into a tree and began leaping from branch to branch toward the voices. I slowed down and quietly made my way closer until I saw two figures a short distance away.

I could tell they were both males as they walked together along with a large black and red dog. One guy wore a white hoodie and had pale skin with pitch black hair. The other wore a black hoodie with his face hidden under a blue mask.

I watched and listened to them. "All I'm saying is that you could learn to be a little more...stealthy with your kills."

"Oh? Like you're one to talk, Jack. You just cut people open and take what you want. How is it stealthy when all the victims are missing their kidneys?"

The masked one shrugged. "Well I didn't get in trouble with Slender, now did I, Jeff?"

The white hoodied guy grumbled. "Just shut up!"

Who are these guys? They must be some kind of killers by the way they're talking. They're not so different from me then. I noticed Scrumptious peek out of my pocket as I crept forward on the branch I was on.

I froze when the branch creaked slightly. I watched as the dog's head turned in my direction. He growled, revealing human teeth in his mouth.

Both the boys looked down at the dog, the pale one speaking. "What's up with you, Smile?"

The dog continued growling and started slowly moving my way. I quietly backed away and hid on the other side of the tree's trunk. I stayed perfectly still as I listened.

I heard the dog approaching the tree before barking. "Something in the tree, boy?"

My eyes widened and I quickly took off, jumping from tree to tree as quickly as I could.

I heard the dog's barks as he chased me from the ground below. "Jeff, there's something in the trees!"

"Way to go, Smile! Chase it down!"

I could hear them following as the dog continued after me. Dammit, go away! I've got to do something about that dog.

As I jumped and climbed, I could see a few birds in the trees ahead of me. I quickly snatched one as I jumped and scratched into its back before tossing it down below me.

I could hear the screech of my mutant bird as I got farther and farther away. That should keep them busy for awhile.

Jeff's pov

Whatever Smile is chasing is fast. All I can see is small movements up in the trees where this creature is trying to escape.

With Smile ahead of us, we stopped upon seeing something drop from the trees. It was a bird, but something was wrong with it.

It was growing, its beak and talons sharpening as its body got bigger and bigger. It was now taller than Jack and me. It raised its wings, screeching at us.

"What the hell is that thing?!"

Smile continued growling at it as Jack said, "I think whatever we were chasing left this thing behind to stall us."

My carved grin grew wider as I pulled my knife out of my hoodie pocket. "Then let's kill this thing and find the one behind this!"

Jack pulled out his scalpel as the bird began flapping its wings. It hovered and swiped its talons at us. We all dodged out of the way and Smile jumped up and bit into the creature's leg.

As the bird screeched and tried to shake Smile off, Jack and I both sliced into its feathered body, leaving bloody cuts as it managed to throw off Smile.

The bird landed again and let out a loud screech. I prepared to charge at it again, but it suddenly began shaking. Its body seemed to convulse before finally falling to the ground.

I glanced over at Jack. "Did it just...die?"

Smile sniffed at the bird as Jack walked over to it, crouching in front of it. He examined it before looking back at me.

"It's dead."

I put my knife away and approached the bird. I kicked at one of its wings.

"I don't get it. Why did it die? We didn't kill it."

Jack stood up. "I guess it served its purpose. Whatever we were chasing must be long gone by now."

"Well, at least we know it's not a human. No human could do something like this."

Jack nodded. "I agree. Do you think it's a creepypasta?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Does it matter?"

"Yes, it does. Jeff, I've never heard of a creepypasta with an ability like this."

"So you mean we're dealing with a newbie? Hmph, guess that means I'll have someone new to mess with."

"We should report this to Slender."

I patted Smile's head before following Jack. "Good work, Smile."

He barked and walked by my side as we headed back to Slender Mansion.

Felyra's pov

Whew, that was a close one. I should be safe now. I sat on a branch, catching my breath. I looked down at Scrumptious as he gazed up at me from my pocket.

I smiled. "Don't worry, Scrumptious. We'll just have to be extra careful from now on. Who knows, maybe those guys weren't even a real threat."

The mouse squeaked and crawled down onto my lap. I tiredly laid back against the tree as Scrumptious curled up and slept on my lap.

I closed my eyes, keeping my ears on alert for any unusual noises. I felt myself beginning to doze off as I thought about those guys again. Hopefully they're not going to cause me too much trouble.