Chapter 4

Masky's pov

Hoodie and I had just gotten back from killing and were immediately called to Slender's office. We went upstairs, opening Slender's door to see Jeff, Jack, Ben, and Smile already in here.

They all looked at us as we slowly approached. I decided to ask, "What's going on?"

Slender calmly sat at his desk and spoke. "Masky, Hoodie, we have an urgent matter. Jack, would you explain the details?"

Jack nodded. "Sure. We think we've discovered a new creepypasta hanging around the woods."

I blurted out, "What?! How can that be? We've been all through the woods dozens of times and never seen anything unusual."

Hoodie nodded in agreement. Jeff then told us, "Actually, if it wasn't for Smile, we wouldn't have even found them. This creepypasta was sneaky, quietly watching us from the trees."

Jack then interrupted. "We chased after them, but they stopped us with some kind of giant, mutated bird. They got away from us while we fought the monster."

Ben grinned. "Oooh, what'd they look like?"

I heard Jack sigh from under his mask. "We don't know. They were moving so fast, we didn't even get a glimpse."

I groaned. "Then how are we supposed to find this thing?"

Slender told us, "That's why I'm asking for all of you to be on high alert and investigate into this matter. If this is in fact, a new creepypasta, I would like to contain them as soon as possible until we know their intentions. The last thing we need is a rogue causing trouble."

We all nodded as Ben stretched his arms. "We'll get right on that...tomorrow."

Jeff let out a lazy sigh. "Yeah, I'm kinda tired myself."

Slender's deep voice spoke up. "Very well. All of you get some sleep. I want you all out searching for clues tomorrow."

We all quietly left his office and headed to our own rooms. This creepypasta will be tricky to find if it's as sneaky as Jeff said.

But it also ran from them, meaning that this creepypasta probably doesn't want to be found. I guess we'll just have to see what we find tomorrow.

The next day, I ate breakfast with the others before we all headed out. Slender recommended we split up into groups.

I, of course, teamed up with Hoodie. Ben went with Jack while Jeff took Smile with him. As we began leaving, Slender's voice boomed in my head.

"And remember, I don't want anyone killing this new creepypasta."

Walking beside Hoodie, I would occasionally glance up in the surrounding trees. Hoodie would often follow my gaze and check the trees.

"Hoodie, do you really think we can find this thing?"

He glanced at me. "Well, whatever it is, it seems to be a bit curious. Maybe it'll come to us."

I nodded. "Yeah, from what Jeff and Jack told us, this creepypasta seemed to be hanging around, perhaps watching them. At least until Smile picked up on its presence."

We continued on our way, not seeing or hearing anything out of the ordinary. We soon stopped, seeing a small building close to the edge of the woods.

It was hidden from the nearby town by the trees. I think I remember seeing this place before. It was a small lab that belonged to a few scientists.

We slowly approached the front doors, quietly opening them. The place was pretty dark, I could barely make out my surroundings.

Hearing a small clanking sound, Hoodie and I both froze. We glanced at each other before quietly making our way toward the other end of the room.

I could see a slight movement in the dark and nodded to Hoodie. We both jumped out, ready to attack the figure only to be met by a familiar blue mask.

I relaxed and asked, "Jack? What are you doing here?"

"I stopped to grab a quick snack, but found that everyone's already dead."

Hoodie questioned, "Dead?"

Jack nodded. "Ben, would you get the lights on already?"

"Okay, chill out. I'm on it, sheesh."

His voice echoed around the room before the lights turned on. Ben slipped out of a computer and stood next to Jack.

Looking around, there were corpses everywhere, but not all of them were human. The humans were joined by the large, decaying bodies of rats.

I went over to one and gazed down at it. Jack came over and crouched beside me, examining the rat.

He traced his gloved hand over its back. "This creature, it has the same mark as the bird did."

"Mark?"

I bent down, looking at the scar down the rat's back. Jack glanced at me. "I thought it was just coincidence with the bird, but these rats seem to have the same scar-like mark."

"So does this mean...?"

He nodded. "The creepypasta we're searching for was here."

"Umm, guys? I think you should see this."

We both turned our heads around at Ben's voice. We stood and went over to where he and Hoodie were.

In front of them was a large tank full of water. Inside was the lifeless body of a boy with scaley skin and a long, reptilian tale.

The tank beside his was completely empty, and laying in front of it was the body of a man. Jack examined his blood stained neck.

"His neck is clawed up. I'm guessing their latest experiment didn't go so well."

Ben glanced at the tanks and smirked. "So our target has claws."

I looked at the empty tank again. "I think this missing experiment is our creepypasta."

Jack nodded. "I think you're right."

I heard Hoodie's quiet voice say, "I bet this is where they became a creepypasta."

I nodded. "We should report this to Slender."

Leaving the lab behind, I said, "You guys go on ahead. I'm gonna look around a bit more."

Jack and Ben both left for Slender Mansion. Hoodie looked at me. "I'm coming too."

I smiled underneath my mask. "Okay. Let's go."

We headed back into the woods in search of our target. Hopefully, we can at least get a glimpse of this thing.