Chapter 6

"Ooowwww."

I examined the bloody bite wounds on my leg. That dog's teeth hurt like crap. My dark leggings were torn from the bite.

I limped my way through the woods. After my escape from those psychos, I got as far away as I could.

I looked down at my pocket upon hearing a squeak. Scrumptious looked up at me sympathetically before climbing out of my pocket.

He began mutating, growing larger as I watched him. Once finished, he urged me onto his back. I smiled and climbed on.

"Thanks, Scrumptious."

He let out a monstrous squeak and started walking. It was already nightfall by the time we made it to a spring.

I climbed off Scrumptious, letting him change back to his regular size. I often kept myself clean by bathing in these springs.

I need to wash my wound anyway. I started undressing, looking back at Scrumptious as I waded into the water.

"Scrumptious, let me know if you see or hear anything."

He nodded as I went to the deeper water. I dipped into the water and started washing dirt away from my skin and hair.

Masky's pov

That night, I had trouble falling asleep. Will our plan work? Will we be able to catch that girl? Will she be living here with the rest of us?

All these thoughts swirled around in my head. I think I need some fresh air. I snuck outside and began walking in a direction.

I wonder what Slender will do to the cat girl. Hopefully he won't have to kill her. If I could just get a chance to talk to her, maybe I could get her to see that we don't want to fight her.

I understand that she's scared and acting in self-defense, but we do need to know what she's even doing out here in the first place.

As I walked, I soon approached a spring. Hearing a voice, I quietly hid among a few bushes. Peeking out, I immediately felt my face flush at what I saw.

There she was, her back to me as the cat girl bathed in the spring. I couldn't help but stare. I could see the very top of her butt above the water, her black tail swishing across the surface.

I heard a small squeak coming from a little grey mouse sitting next to the girl's clothes. Her ears twitched as she looked back at the mouse.

Her visible green eye glinted in the dark as her head turned toward where I was. I quietly backed away a bit and left. She'd probably attack me if she found me like this.

I went back to the mansion and snuck into my room. I laid back in bed, thinking of her again. Why do I feel this way?

I don't even know her name and yet I already can't get her out of my head. I hope things will turn out alright. We just have to catch her.

Felyra's pov

I quickly got out of the water, drying off before putting my clothes back on. Scrumptious had heard something, I don't know what it was, but I'm not sticking around to find out.

I put Scrumptious back into my pocket and began leaving. My leg still hurts, but I'll push past the pain. I climbed up a tree and slept for the rest of the night.

The next morning, I began hunting for my next meal. I went to a nearby stream and watched the fish swim around.

I tried to grab one, but failed each time. I let out an annoyed sigh. I really want some fish, but they're too hard to catch.