Chapter 9

Masky's pov

Hoodie and I left the room and headed straight to Slenderman's office. We knocked before entering and gazed at our boss sitting at his desk.

"Masky. Hoodie. Is there something you need?"

I contained my excitement before speaking. "Felyra wants to join us. She wants to live here at the mansion."

"That's great news. But before she is truly a member here, we must first test her skills."

Hoodie and I nodded and followed Slender back to Felyra's room. Going inside, we saw Ben with a laser pointer in his hand.

He glanced back at us before shining the laser on Felyra's bed. Her ears perked up as she watched the light, trying to catch it in her hand.

Slender's voice cut through Ben's giggling. "Ben, don't harass our newest member."

"Pssh, harass? C'mon, look at her, she loves it."

We watched as Felyra chased the light, going from her bed to the wall and back to her bed again. I had to admit, she looked adorable while doing this.

Scrumptious simply sat at the end of the bed, staying out of the way. One of Slender's tentacles snatched the laser pointer from Ben's hand.

Felyra shook her head before looking up at us. She simply smiled as if the little red light never existed. Slender handed me the key.

I approached Felyra, noticing that she was watching me as I unlocked the collar and removed it from her neck. She rubbed her throat before smiling at me.

Slender said, "Felyra, Masky will show you around the mansion. Afterwards, I want to test your skills outside."

She nodded. "Okay."

Felyra grabbed Scrumptious before we all left the room. I led her around the mansion, showing her each room, including mine, before taking her back downstairs.

Everyone was in the living room, waiting for us. Slender took us all outside for Felyra's test.

Felyra's pov

I now stood outside of the house with the others watching from the sidelines. Slender then spoke.

"Masky. Hoodie. I want you two to be her opponents."

They both nodded and stepped forward. They both spread out, standing on opposite sides of me. I kept my eyes on both of them, waiting for one of them to make the first move.

Masky was the first to rush toward me. I turned toward him as he came at me with a rock in his hand. Before he could hit me, I brought my foot up, kicking the rock from his hand.

Hearing footsteps behind me, I glanced back to see Hoodie. He grabbed both my arms from behind. I squirmed a bit before twisting my way out of his grip.

I smirked at the two boys. "Is that all you guys got?"

They both rushed toward me and we continued to exchange blows at each other. I easily dodged most of their attacks while they blocked or avoided mine.

Slender finally called out, "That's enough. Very good, all of you. Felyra, I can tell your cat reflexes give you an advantage in combat."

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I suppose it does."

"Tonight, I would like for you to go killing with Masky and Hoodie. Until then, relax with the others if you wish."

I nodded. "Okay."

I rushed back inside with Masky and Hoodie following behind. The others soon came in as well and as soon as that dog came in, he rushed toward me, barking.

I instinctively jumped onto the back of the couch, arching my back and pinning my ears back as I hissed. Smile stared up at me, occasionally barking while I hissed in reply.

The others seemed to watch us until Jeff spoke, "Better watch out, kitty cat, Smile may make a meal out of you."

Masky came over to me. "Don't listen to him, Felyra. Smile's not a cat eater."

Smile began wagging his tail, as if confirming Masky's statement. I stopped hissing and perked my ears back up. I slowly reached my hand down to Smile.

He licked my hand and allowed me to pet him. I smiled and jumped off the couch. "I guess you're not so bad for a dog."

Jeff soon left the room as if in anger, but I dismissed it and sat on the couch. Masky sat beside me while Hoodie sat on my other side.

Jack headed to the kitchen and Smile laid on the floor beside the couch. Ben sat on the floor in front of the TV. He turned it on and began playing a game.

We watched him play The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. He was fishing to lure a cat out of hiding.

Seeing the cat onscreen made me say, "Aww, look at the cute wittle kitty! You better catch a big fish for it."

He glanced back at me. "Psh, it doesn't matter how big it is, I just gotta catch one."

I slid off the couch and crawled over next to Ben on the floor. "No! It has to be a big fish! That poor cat's hungry!"

"Sheesh, okay, I got it."

He caught a fish for the cat, who took it and ran back home. I cheered. "Yay! Now catch some more fish."

Ben turned his head toward me, looking confused as he said, "But I don't need to fish anymore."

I glared at him. "I said, catch some more fish."

He glared back at me. "And I said, I don't need to fish anymore."

I growled at him until a voice interrupted. "Ben, don't pick a fight with the cat."

We turned to see Jack standing behind the couch, eating what looked like some kind of human organ. I smirked at Ben who huffed in annoyance and went back to his game.

I sat back in my spot on the couch while Jack took a seat in a chair. After a short while, I stretched and laid across Masky and Hoodie.

They both looked down at me and Masky asked, "And what do you think you're doing?"

I looked up at him innocently. "What? I needed to stretch. Can't I lay like this for a bit?"

He glanced at Hoodie before sighing. "Fine, go ahead."

I smiled and laid comfortably on my stomach. My legs were on Hoodie's lap while my stomach went across Masky's. After a few minutes like that, I felt Masky's hand against my back.

I relaxed as his hand stroked my back, causing a pur to erupt from my throat. His hand quickly retracted and I turned my head to look at him in disappointment.

"Please, don't stop, that felt nice."

I heard him chuckle before replying, "Alright then."

I faced the TV again as he began to stroke my back. I felt another pur erupting from my throat. After a few minutes, Ben paused the game and turned around.

"Alright, who's purring?"

I heard Masky answer, "Who do you think?"

Ben got up and stood over me as Masky's hand left my back, causing my pur to cease. "So the kitty likes attention, huh?"

Ben suddenly grabbed my tail, causing me to jump up and swipe at him to let go. He backed away as I pinned my ears back in annoyance.

"Don't. Touch. My. Tail."

We were suddenly interrupted by Slenderman appearing in front of us. "It's getting late, time for you three to head out."