Chapter 4

Hey guys, I am so sorry it's taken me so long to update this. I had no idea where I was going with this story and it got to the point where I was considering deleting it. But I sat down for a few hours and just brainstormed ideas so now I have the whole thing planned out. Sorry for disappointing anyone and keeping you all waiting. I hope you like the new chapter :)

~~

VIC'S POV

I walk home with my head down, lost in thoughts. Kellin probably hates me now. I just can't keep my stupid fucking mouth shut, can I? You think I would've leant from the first time. I turn the corner and walk up to my hell, I mean house.

I go up the front steps with a heavy feeling in my chest. I put my hand on the doorknob scared to open the door. This same thing occurs every day. I just stop at the front door and contemplate whether or not to enter. But never have I once not entered. There'd definitely be hell to pay if I didn't come home from school. I sigh before turning the door handle and walking inside. I hear that the TV's on in the living room as I try to sneak my way past the entrance.

"Where do you think you're going?" I hear from behind me.

I cringe and slowly turn around to see my father, angry as always.

"The hospital called today. He's not getting any better." He scowls.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"Do you really think that's going to cut it?" He spits and I shake my head.

"No sir." I reply.

He advances towards me and grips my throat slamming me into the wall behind me.

"This is going to continue until he gets better and if he doesn't then god help you." he seethes.

His grip gets tighter around my throat and I struggle for air. He punches me in the stomach and I groan in agony. He releases my neck and I fall to the ground in pain. I feel his foot collide with my stomach and I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to ignore the pain as much as possible.

"Please, stop. Please." I cry.

He unexpectedly stops and I reopen my eyes. He grabs my hair and yanks me off of the floor, slamming me into the wall again. I hit my head and hiss in pain. He stares at me, anger evident on his face.

"Fucking pathetic." He sighs slamming me into the wall one last time before storming off.

I groan quietly, grabbing the back of my head. With shaky knees, I drag myself upstairs towards my bedroom. I close the door softly before laying down on my bed. My stomach hurts and my head is killing me but I don't care. The only thing that's on my mind is what Dad said, 'He's not getting better'. If he doesn't pull through then what am I going to do? They think I don't care but I do. I don't know how I'd live without him.

I feel a tear side down my face and I quickly swat it away. This is not what he would want. He would want me to be strong and to not dwell on the past. I need to focus on the future and right now that is making things right with Kellin.

-----

KELLIN'S POV

"Kellin! Kellin, wait!" I hear Vic yell from behind me.

Oh god no. Why can't he just take a hint and leave me alone?

He grabs my shoulder and spins me around.

"Kellin, can we talk?" He asks.

Here we go.

"About what?" I groan.

"Yesterday. Look, I'm really sorry about what I said." I say sincerely. "Can we just start again? Maybe even be friends?"

I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh frustrated.

"I'm sorry Vic but no. We can't be friends. I'd appreciate it if you would just leave me alone." I explain getting tired of repeating myself yet I still feel bad for being an ass.

"I can't leave you alone, Kellin." He says pained.

"Why not?" I sigh.

"Because it's too late, I care about you."

----------

That's a bunch of bullshit he doesn't care about me. No one does. Why would they? I mean look at me, I'm a piece of shit.

I drag the beautiful piece of metal across my arm again creating another bleeding line under the other ten that I've already done. I notice that the blade isn't cutting deep at all. I throw the useless, blunt, blade to the side before standing up and starting to search my room for a better one. I start getting annoyed when I can't seem to locate one but then I remember there's one in the bottom of my schoolbag. I grab my back and unzip the first pocket. I find it almost instantly as the moonlight from my open window reflects off of the shiny object. I pick it up and go to pull my hand out of my bag but as I do so it brushes up against something. I feel whatever it was cut my hand and I hiss in pain as I drop the blade. I grab onto whatever it was that cut me and I pull it out. When I realize what it was I roll my eyes. It's the card that Vic left in my locker. I can cut my arms with a blade a thousand times and not be bothered but I can't handle a paper cut. How ironic. I get the sudden urge to open the card and read it again. I look towards to blade and my bleeding wrist to the card that's held firmly in my hand. I think 'fuck it' and just open the card.

'Dear Kellin,

You don't know me and I don't know you, but that doesn't mean that I don't care about you. I saw the cuts on your arms and it hurt me to think that someone so young and so innocent would want to do that to themselves. I don't know why you do it but just know that people do care and that you're not alone. Trust me. I know how hard it is but please put down your blade or whatever you use because I would hate to see you ruin that beautiful skin of yours even more. Happy Valentine's Day.

~Vic Fuentes<3'

I read the card over and over again. Tears fill up my eyes and a small smile falls onto my face. He didn't know me and he still cared enough to write me this card. He could've just ignored the cuts but no, he decided to go out of his way to attempt to make me stop cutting. A feeling of guilt and regret bubbles up in my stomach. I was a complete dick to him. Even after he made Jeremy leave me alone and after he apologized for pretty much pointing out the facts. I need to apologize and tell him how grateful I actually am. I feel like such an ass right now.

I put the card down and pick up the blade. I decide I'll set things straight tomorrow but for now I have something I need to get back to.

~~

I'd love to hear your opinion on the chapter or the story in general so don't forget to comment and vote. And don't be afraid to talk to me, I'm a pretty nice person (I think...)

I hope you all have a wonderful day :)